one

*•*
BACK TO HOGWARTS

*•*BACK TO HOGWARTS

*•*

"This place is always packed with more and more mudbloods each year."

Amelia heard her grandmother complain for the hundredth time as they walked through platform 9 3/4.

The third year Slytherin stayed quiet, something which wasn't unusual for the girl - especially after the death of her mother.

Isabella Black, daughter of Walburga Black and Orion Black, died during the summer of 1991.

Her death impacted her daughter in more than one way.

Her mother, who had done all she could to give Amelia the childhood she never got. Her mother, who despite Walburga's beliefs taught her that blood purity didn't matter.

When she died, Amelia felt as if a part of her died alongside her mother.

She had been devastated by the loss of her mother. To lose her at such a young age was a wound that had never seemed to heal.

Amelia was left lost and confused as her grandmother became even more strict after the death.

"Remember," her grandmother began, "don't socialise with blood traitors or mudbloods.

Amelia nodded absently. "Of course."

Walburga looked at her granddaughter up and down. Over the years, she had moulded her into the 'perfect' Pureblood - forcing her to attend various balls filled with people who enforced blood supremacy upon their children.

Or so she thought.

At Hogwarts, Amelia Black turned into a whole different person. During her first year she had befriended a bunch of students, not caring about their blood purity.

Not that she'd tell her grandmother that. Growing up, Amelia was fully aware of the treatment her mother received - she wasn't an oblivious kid.

Walburga pulled a face at somebody before looking back at Amelia, who was pushing a trolley of her possessions.

"I'm going, I assume you can find your way to the train."

Again, Amelia nodded - glad to be rid off her grandmother.

Without another word Walburga turned on her heel and left, soon apparating away back to Grimrauld Place.