thirty-two

*•*
MADEYE MOODYS LESSON

*•*MADEYE MOODYS LESSON

*•*

After her breakdown in front of Regulus, Amelia had tried her best to avoid him.

The last thing she wanted was to talk about her trauma she had endured. Despite practically running the opposite direction whenever she saw him it didn't work.

"Amelia!" He shouted.

The halls were empty, the only people in there being them two. Amelia spun around the face him.

"What? If you can't tell, I have class to attend to. And I don't fancy spending my evening in detention after I've only just got off them."

"I just want to speak to you."

Amelia sighed and urged him on. "Then speak."

"Are you okay?"

It was a question everybody asked on a daily basis but nobody really wanted the true answer, always expecting a simple 'I'm fine' or 'I'm good'.

The truth was Amelia was not doing fine or good at all. Since that night Regulus found out she had been having reoccurring night mares, leaving her sleep deprived.

On top of that she hadn't told anyone about them, not even her friends - apart from Blake, not wanting to worry them.

"I'm fine." Snapped Amelia, stepping back slightly. "I need to go."

Without waiting for a response she stormed away in the direction of the dark arts classroom.

She wasn't looking forward to this lessons as she had no idea whether or not Regulus has told any of his little friends about it.

She walked in five minutes late, everyone was already seated and had turned to look at her. Of course they had defence against the dark arts with Gryffindors.

They always do.

What surprised her was that there was no sign on Lupin but only Mad-eye Moody. Amelia did not have an opinion on him except for the fact he turned her cousin into a ferret.

"Ah." Professor Moody said. "Miss. Black. Glad you could join us."

"Sorry. The less annoying Professor Black wanted to speak to me." Amelia said, hurrying to the spare seat next to Theo.

Professor Moody nodded and promptly returned back to his lesson.

"I feel like I have spoken to you since we got back, Black." Theo whispered so nobody heard.

Amelia shrugged. "I was with you at dinner the day Draco got turned into a ferret."

Theo let out a quiet chuckle. "Yeah but we have barely spoken."

"I haven't noticed." Amelia hummed. "Sorry."

"Right then," Moody said, "I've had a letter from Professor Lupin about this class. Seems you've had a pretty thorough grounding in tackling Dark creatures - you've covered boggarts, Red Caps, hinkypunks, grindylows, Kappas, and werewolves, is that right?"