thirty-three

*•*
VISITORS

*•*VISITORS

*•*

Amelia wished that Quidditch was still up and running. She wished that she had somewhere to place all of her anger.

But she didn't, not this year.

Lessons were becoming increasingly harder and Amelia found herself losing interest in some of her favourite lessons, including Astronomy.

In her third year she loved the lesson even if it was taught by her uncles.

Perhaps it was the fact it was taught by them and she loved hearing them talk bad about the Pureblood families or maybe it was the simple fact that the subject was easy for her.

Now whenever she thought about the lesson she wanted to bash her head on a table and immediately wanting to go back to the comfort of her dorm room.

Defence of the Dark Arts was another lesson she despised at the moment. They were currently learning more about the unforgivable curses and it caused Amelia to constantly be on edge.

On top of this her nightmares were becoming more and more restless and frequent. Still she hadn't told anyone about them, hoping they would end soon.

It was no surprise to the fourth years that they had noticed a definite increase in homework and the amount of work they were required to do.

It was Professor McGonnagal who explained why, when the class all let out a long, loud groan when they were informed of the amount of Transfiguration homework they had that night.

"You are now entering a most important phase of your magical education!" she told them, her eyes glinting dangerously behind her square spectacles. "Your Ordinary Wizarding Levels are drawing closer -"

"We don't take O.W.L.s till fifth year!" said Dean Thomas indignantly.

Amelia hated that she agreed with the Gryffindor.

"Maybe not, Thomas, but believe me, you need all the preparation you can get! Miss. Granger remains the only person in this class who has managed to turn a hedgehog into a satisfactory pincushion. I might remind you that your pincushion, Thomas, still curls up in fright if anyone approaches it with a pin!"

"That's because Granger spend the whole of her free time in a library, her head is always in a book!" Amelia protested, "Not all of us want to spend our time doing that."

"Miss. Black!" Mcgonnagal said, raising her voice, "Please keep your opinions to yourself!"

"She's just expressing herself." Theo informed her.

Amelia smiled, he was always defending her.

"Yeah." Draco also nodded. "Besides, you're the one pecking at our heads about it."