twenty-five

*•*
WAY TOO EARLY

^can we pretend this isn't fan art and a real picture of them 🙏🙏 *•*

*•*

By the time the weekend had come, Amelia had still been unsuccessful in trying to allow James to let her spend a few nights at the Malfoy Manor.

No matter what she said or did he wouldn't budge. She even went as far as to ask Remus for help, to no prevail.

As a result of not getting her own way, her mood was dejected. It took her a while to find the motivation to get out of her bed but when Harry had rudely stormed in her room to get her up, she soon found it.

After she threatened him with multiple curses and chased him around her room, he had finally left her alone - giving her privacy.

They were supposed to go to the event in incognito, dressing up like muggles. Amelia didn't bother asking why, she didn't find the need to.

Instead she thought it would be easier to just do as she was told, she had no more energy to fight again.

It didn't take her long to find an outfit that she was comfortable with. It was simple; some black leggings with a black baggy T-shirt and some trainers.

It wasn't fancy and didn't draw too much attention to her.

The house was packed with people, Amelia was told some people were coming over so that they could all travel together but it was clear she severely underestimated that.

Not only were the Weasleys, the whole lot of them, there but so was the Blacks, Lupin-Blacks, Diggorys, Hermione and two girls who were friends with Lily, Marlene and Dorcas. It was safe to say it was loud and noisy.

Amelia immediately wanted to scream when she went down the stairs. Everyone except her were all happily talking to one another about everything and anything.

The one room that wasn't packed was the kitchen and so she went in there.

Considering it was early in the morning, Amelia hadn't eaten and took it upon herself to make some toast to eat.

She waited for the toaster (she had never used a toaster until she spent the summer at the Potter house) to make the ping sound, as she did James walked in.

Amelia wanted to roll her eyes, she could feel that an upcoming fight was about to stir between them.

When he walked in he gave his daughter a slight nod before going into the cupboards. She didn't know what he got, instead she was making an attempt of not making eye contact with him, to do this she buttered her toast and ate it whilst looking at the adjacent wall.

Eventually he was the one to speak first. "Are you excited?" It was a simple question, one people often used to start up a conversation.

"I will be when I see my friends." Amelia said plainly.