thirty-five

*•*
THE CHAMPIONS

*•*THE CHAMPIONS

*•*

Amelia was sat with Blake in the Great Hall. Daphne was with Rowan and the boys (plus Pansy) were no were to be seen.

The last time Amelia had seen them was the night the other schools arrived at Hogwarts.

All morning many students placed their name in the Goblet of fire. This included Warrington, from Slytherin and Diggory.

"Is that Amelia Black I see?" A voice said.

Amelia looked up from her romance book to see Adrian, she smiled as he sat down beside her.

"Adrian!" Amelia shrieked, pulling him into a hug. "I feel like I haven't seen you in forever. How are you?"

"I'm great. It's a shame Quidditch hasn't been on."

"Yeah." Agreed Amelia, who had now put her book away. "How is sixth year treating you?"

"Awful so far. Not as bad as fifth though."

She smirked, "Thanks for the heads up."

People were cheering out in the entrance hall. They all swiveled around in their seats and saw Angelina Johnson coming into the Hall, grinning in an embarrassed sort of way.

A tall black girl who played Chaser on the Gryffindor Quidditch team, Angelina came over to Olivia's group, sat down, and said. "Well, I've done it! Just put my name in!"

"She must be seventeen now then." Blake noted.

Adrian nodded. "Her birthday was last week I think."

"Are you putting your name in?" Amelia asked. "You are seventeen now right?"

Adrian shook his head, "I'm still sixteen until after Christmas. Our birthdays are at similar times remember."

Out of the corner of her eye Amelia saw the gang of Gryffindors enter the Great Hall, each of them patted Angelina on the back before sitting down on the opposite side of the hall.

"They have been dissing Diggory you know." Adrian said, breaking the silence.

Amelia raised her eyebrows, "Why?"

"They don't want a Slytherin or Hufflepuff champion." He shrugged, still eyeing them.

"Isn't Charlotte a Hufflepuff?" Blake raised an eyebrow.

Amelia shrugged. "Yeah, I'll talk to her later. Maybe they got into a fight?"

Since their last few conversations, Amelia and Charlotte had started hanging out a lot more. Whether it was studying in the library or hanging out in Hogsmeade (Amelia snook out the castle) the girl enjoyed the Hufflepuff's company.