thirty-one

*•*
DETENTIONS

*•*DETENTIONS

*•*

Detentions were extremely boring, they always were and always would be. Most the time Amelia sat there with her head on the table not doing the lines or the task she was supposed to.

What made detentions even worst was who the professor was, luckily today it wasn't an awful person.

"Why did your detentions get extended then?" Inquired Regulus Black.

His eyebrows were furrowed together and his black hair fell over his face, he clearly needed a haircut.

Amelia hesitated to tell him, not knowing how he would react. "I punched Harry."

Regulus looked up to face his niece, perplexed at what he had just been told. "You hit Harry?"

Amelia nodded. "I did just say that."

"Why?"

"He talked bad about Narcissa." She said blankly, desperately wanting to go back to her dorm and spend time with her friends.

She had lots of time to do that now considering there would be no Quidditch this year.

"You do realise that James won't sign your permission slip if you keep getting detentions right?"

Amelia shrugged. "I don't care what he thinks of me."

"You should." Her uncle told her, "He is your father."

"You clearly didn't care what your parents thought of you. You ran away from home." She pointed out.

Regulus sighed. "That's different."

"Emotional manipulation and physical abuse at its finest." Amelia almost laughed out before she remembered her mother.

Her child hood wasn't filled with the most excruciating painful memories. Even her grandparents didn't say or do much, except trying to raise her to be the perfect golden child.

And it had worked.

During her child hood her mother actually acted like how a mum should. She was there comforting her whilst she cried, played toys with her in the extreme heat throughout the summer, taught her about magic and she had even taught her how to fly a broom stick.

It was during her first year when the abuse started, after her mother's death.

At first it was tolerable and remained verbal but it soon became physical. A bruise here and there soon turned to bruises scattering her face.

Amelia was forced to hide them using magic afraid of what her friends would say. She also didn't fancy explaining what happened to any of her professors.

Growing up she realised the worst about everything was both her uncles.

The two of them went through the same things as her, they knew what her grandmother would be like and yet none of them even thought of reaching out or helping her.