thirty

*•*
PUNCHES AND FERRETS

*•*PUNCHES AND FERRETS

*•*

Being back at Hogwarts was like a dream come true. What was even better was nobody had bothered the group of Slytherins so far.

Throughout the school, talk of the Tri-Wizard Tournament had been non stop. People were constantly chattering about it and speculating who they thought would be chosen.

Another popular topic were the tasks; there had been no information on them whatsoever leaving it to be a mystery until the day of the competition.

The only downsides to being back at school was the fact Amelia was not allowed in the village of Hogsmeade and had detention for the first week, both of which had been a consequence to a prank she did.

On top of this, Amelia felt like she was being constantly watched by multiple adults. Her father, her uncles, McGonnagal and the one that surprised her the most: Snape.

Despite being her head of house and potions professor, Snape rarely opted to interact with her or any of the other Slytherins.

He often let Mcgonnagal deal with them unless he absolutely needed to. No one really minded however, Snape was always grumpy and so nobody wanted to start up a conversation with him. The idea was utterly ridiculous.

"Daphne has left me for Chang again!" Pansy exclaimed as she walked into the dorm.

Since being back at Hogwarts Blake, Pansy, Daphne and Amelia had grown even more closer, something Amelia thought was impossible.

Amelia was sat on her dorm bed, reading a book when her friend threw the door open, "Im telling you if they aren't dating they will be by Christmas fifth year." She told her friend, who was now calmly sat on her own bed.

"I say they'll date by the end of summer." Said Pansy, opening up one her school books, "Daphne hates confrontation."

Amelia gave Pansy her classic smirk, "I'll make a bet with you then. 100 gallons."

For a slight moment Pansy thought about it, Amelia knew the offer was tempting, even to rich people like themselves.

Pureblood strived off the gambling side of things; they had far too much money in the first place, "Deal. Now you better help me with my potions essay!"

With an eye roll Amelia reluctantly went over towards Pansys bed, sitting down beside her.

She adjusted her position until she was comfortable enough and began helping her with the potions homework.

*•*

The next day, Amelia and the full group were joining the queue for dinner. Unfortunately, Harry and his friend group were also there and before Amelia could say anything Draco did,