thirty-seven

*•*
LACK OF SUPPORT

*•*LACK OF SUPPORT

*•*

Amelia was immediately met with the sound of music. It was blasting throughout the whole common room.

Next thing she knew, she was being dragged into the centre of the common room, surrounded by the familiar faces of Slytherin.

"Why didn't you tell us you entered!" Bellowed Theo, "I would've loved to enter as well."

"Yeah!" Blaise agreed, "How did you cross the age line?"

"I didn't." Amelia said, trying to explain the situation, "I don't know how.. Where's Blake? I want Blake."

But Pansy and Daphne had made their way towards her.

"Come on Amelia!" They said, "Have some food."

"I'm not hungry." She tried to tell them, but they didn't listen.

Nobody wanted to hear that she wasn't hungry or that she didn't put her name in the Goblet of fire.
Not one person even noticed that she didn't look like she wanted to celebrate.

Whenever she tried to sidle over to the staircase up to the dormitories, the crowd around her closed ranks, forcing another butterbeer on her, stuffing crisps and peanuts into her hands...

Everyone wanted to know how she had done it, how she had tricked Dumbledore's Age Line and managed to get her name into the goblet.

"I didn't," She said, over and over again, "I don't know how it happened. If you listened to me you would've known that by now! I've only repeated it a hundred times."

But for all the notice anyone took, she might just as well not have answered at all.

"I'm tired!" She bellowed finally, after nearly half an hour. "No, seriously, Draco - I'm going to bed. I'm sick of this."

To Amelia's relief, both Pansy and Daphne were sat in the dorm room, fully dressed. They had been previously talking but stopped when she entered the room.

"Where have you two been?" She roared, shoving all the crisps on the table beside her bed.

"Oh hello." Daphne greeted, like she didn't even know the girl she was looking at.

The look alone made Amelia want to curl up into a ball and cry. Daphne was smiling, but it was strange. It wasn't her usual smile.

"So." Pansy said, "Congratulations."

"What do you mean congratulations?" Amelia asked, untying her hair from the tight ponytail she had it in before.

Her headache was becoming more apparent and Amelia doubted having her hair in a tight ponytail was helping that.

Almost immediately after removing the bobble she could already feel her hair sighing from relief.

"Well... no one else got across the Age Line," said Pansy, shrugging. "Not even Fred and George, and them two have loads of tricks up their sleeve. What did you do?"