sixteen

*•*
CONFIRMATION

*•*CONFIRMATION

*•*

Reading the letter from her mother, Amelia's heart pounded against her chest.

Her eyes threatened to spill tears and it felt as though a lump was forming within her throat. She didn't know what to do or what to make of the letter.

It was all the confirmation she needed. Of course, she wanted to believe Blake and yet a part of her was in denial.

But now?

James Potter her father? Impossible.

Only now did Amelia realise the similarity between herself and James: her eyes.

They were the exact colour of his and Amelia suspected they looked the exact same when the girl cried or laughed.

She guessed his eyes lit up the same way Amelia's did when she saw her friends and those she was close too.

To say she didn't know what to do was an understatement. The only thing she thought of was locking herself in the room she had been staying in.

That's what she did; for a few hours nobody came in to check on her, that was until she heard the front door open and then James Potters voice.

Amelia had come to learn that the walls in the house were quite thin, making it easy to hear other people's conversations if she wished too.

"Where is she?" He said.

Remus was the one to reply to him. "In her room, probably sleeping. Come back later James."

"Come back later?" He raised his voice slightly, "I want to see my daughter. She knows. Sirius gave her the letter."

Sirius sighed as he watched his best friend walk up the stairs and to the room his niece was staying in.

"Sorry about him," Lily apologised to the married couple, "he's been worrying about her for years."

At first James knocked on the door and when he got no response he tried to open it with no luck.

"Can I speak to you?" He whispered but loud enough for her to hear it. "Please."

His voice became croaky allowing Amelia to infer he was or had been crying.

That makes two of them she thought.

Her eyes were red and puffed. Her cheeks stained with tears, she felt useless.

Did she want a relationship with him?

His son, her half brother, had always argued with her since first year. She hated the Gryffindors, now she was to some of them.

Although she made friends with the Gryffindors at Christmas, everything had changed.