╔══•VIII•══╗

Peter's pov:
I step into our apartment and I feel the smell of cookies. Thankfully, May is greeting me with a big hug and freshly made cookies. "Hi May" I hug her closing my eyes, taking every bit of her love towards me. I know how I'll be treated by Matthew very soon. At least I feel a little safe before. I open my eyes and step back to face May. "Come inside, I want you to tell me everything" she smiles. A moment later my stomach is in a knot. I feel him just standing there. I haven't seen him in a week, it's kind of weird now. "Hi Peter" he sounds so welcoming but when I look at him I see the hate and disgust on his face. "Hi..." I respond.

[time skip - next morning]

I'm in my room, doing some schoolwork. I get a text from Bucky that we should meet up, he needs to talk with me. This reminds me of when I first got there. He noticed something now as well. I'm getting anxious but I still text 'Sure!' We agree on a date and time and then I hear May shout "I'll be back at 4." and a door close. I sigh. This is the moment that Matthew waited for. I hear footsteps before I could put on my headphones. I know it's Matthew. He must've missed beating the shit out of me. I try to ignore him when he steps into the room. "Peter baby. I missed you so damn much" he says as he pulls my head back by my hair. I just close my eyes expecting a hit or something. But it doesn't happen. He grabs me by my arm. His grab doesn't hurt, this reminds me that I didn't self-harm in a while. He aggressively pulls me downstairs. This means no good, he usually drags me downstairs when he's about to do something bad. Something that involves blood, cause my room has carpet and the blood doesn't come out of it. So I prepare for the worst.

I try to stop him but he's stronger, he drags me down after some struggle. He almost chokes me as he pushes me into the middle of the room. "I really fucking missed you," he slaps me. Normally I'd fall but just my head moves because he still holding me by my neck. I fall back into reality again. This is what life used to be. "You know I don't like it when you try to stop me. I'm sorry but you shouldn't have done that," he punches me this time with his fist, hard. I barely can get myself together and lift my head before I get another one. He punches me again, but he lets go of my neck this time and I fall to the floor. I'm a little dizzy but manage to stand up. I notice my nose bleeding so I wipe it off. I don't do anything, I just get the hits and punches for a while.

But for the thousands of hits, I step away. He tries again, but my spidey senses are always there and always better. I get out of the way every time. "You little bic-" he tries again. This time I wasn't fast enough but I caught that hit and stopped his hand. "What the?" I smile a small at his surprise. "Stop this!" he shouts. I keep getting away from him, he's getting angrier and I'm more tired.

I'm not as fast after a lot of missed hits and he slaps me so hard in the face that everything goes black for a second. That's enough time for him to grab me and pin me against the wall, in a position that I can't escape from. "You should learn how to respect your stepdad Peter" He grips my neck again. "Right?" He leans close to my face and he tightens his grip around my neck. "Y-yes" I can barely whisper. "What are you saying?" He tightens his hand more and more. I can't speak. I can't get any voice out of my throat. My ears start to ring and I feel my head heat up. I can barely breathe but he still expects an answer from me. I can't answer so he slaps me over and over again. "RIGHT PETER?" He yells while letting me go. I drop to the floor, trying to catch my breath after almost choking. "Ye-yes," I say, panting.

He laughs and sits on the couch. I slowly get up and thinking he's done, I take my direction to my room. "Not so fast. Wait. Come back here." He says pointing next to him. I go and stand there. He gestures for me to get on my knees so I do so. He looks up and down at me and tells me how fat and disgusting I am. But then out of nowhere May comes into the conversation. "You know I never really liked her. She was always so much of a c*nt" The thing that he says such things from May already upsets me but the fact that he says it like it's such a usual thing to say, makes me want to kill him. "What did you just say?" I say angrily. "Oh, little Peter doesn't like if May's mentioned like this?" He laughs. "That ugly bit*h May? I never loved her stupid ass. I'm just using her" he says directly into my eyes. "HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO HER?" I yell, I'd let him do anything to me but not to May and not this. "Ohh. Someone's mad" I don't care anymore. I can't control my anger anymore. He can't keep talking about May like that.