╔══•XXII•══╗

Peter's pov:
I wake up, I'm excited about this mission. Even though last time I got in a little coma but I would do it again, if it was for anyone in the avengers. I would actually do it for anyone. I'm not important, I wanna die anyway. I begin my day with these nice thoughts, I get up my Spider-Man suit and go downstairs. I've already 'had breakfast' with the team so we're just waiting for everyone. To be honest I don't even know when was the last time I had a proper meal. And I wonder why I'm dizzy all the time, I smile to myself. Steve explains the plan and then off we go. As I think through where we're going, I notice that it's pretty close to May's workplace. I hadn't seen her in weeks, I could go and see her. This thought cheers me up a little, I missed her so much.

We get to the place. People are running away, the streets are crowded so we need to help them and rescue as many people as possible. I start helping them, get some space, and get them far enough so no one can get hurt. After a few minutes, I return to the rest of the team. I haven't even seen the enemy yet. It's some kind of weird alien, it came from another universe. It's blue but it's not a frost giant like Loki. It's something else. I assumed it was a she because she had two blonde braids. She had a wand which she could control things with, just like telekinesis. She destroyed buildings while she didn't even touch them with a single finger. It was truly scary, but I stood my ground. We attacked her and got even close to her but mostly Tony, Thor, Loki, Wanda, and Clint could reach her because they had powers and weapons that didn't need physical contact. You could say I should be on that list too, 'cause I can shoot webs, but I was not good enough for that. I tried but I couldn't do anything worthy to call it an attack. So I just struggled to fight her like everyone else.

We almost accepted defeat, when Thor attacked her with a bolt of lightning and it reached her wand. She lost her power. She wasn't protected anymore and she couldn't destroy buildings and hurt people now. The only thing was, as soon as the bolt reached her wand, it exploded and kinda destroyed everything around her. The shock wave was so strong, it made the whole team fall. Also, my ears were ringing after the explosion for a little while. Taking advantage of the situation, I swung there to her as she was laying on the ground, not hearing anything. I covered her in my webs and made sure she can't move, then the others came there and we captured her and took her to the compound. I mean the others did, but I said I wanted to find May, make sure she was okay, and just talk with her.

I walked along the streets where the accident happened. Seeing all the damaged buildings and deserted streets was so sad. Fortunately, we managed to get everyone out and none got hurt. I still didn't take off my suit, but I knew I had to if I'm going to see May. Since no one was on the streets, I just entered a dead-end street and changed my clothes. Then as I was walking I saw a person on the street. I thought we rescued everyone but turns out we didn't. I walked closer, I saw a blood puddle under it and blue pieces of something. "Maam, are you okay? What happened? Maam!" I shouted while running towards her. "Maam? Wait what? M-May?" She bleed so much, the pieces of the blue wand pierced through her body as it exploded. I just stood there shocked, shaking already. "Oh, my god..." I whisper with a trembling voice, "No, May. No, no no." I began to burst into tears. I kneeled above her to see her face, trying to wake her up. "Come on May. Come on, wake up." I barely could talk from the crying now. I knew I needed to get her to a hospital, so I picked her up and carried her to a hospital, as fast as I could.

"Someone please help!" I said entering the building with the bleeding May in my arms. I trembled along the corridor of the hospital, still begging for someone to help. Finally, someone heard me and nurses came and helped me get her to a hospital bed, then the doctor arrived. They told me to wait outside because she needs surgery immediately. A lot of hours later they finally brought her out. She was still sleeping but they said she should be okay. I've been thinking and crying so much. I don't think I've ever felt time go so slowly as now.

I go to her room and sit down on a chair there. I see her laying there, a lot of tubes hanging out of her. I hear the heart monitor beeping repeatedly. I feel a lump in my throat again, eyes brimmed with tears. I reach for her hand and I just hold it. It makes me break and I start crying. I lean my forehead against her hand as I do. No one is there, so I'm not ashamed to cry normally. I don't have to be silent now. And I just cry and cry and cry. I needed this for so long. "I'm so sorry," I say while crying, "I should've been there for you. I... I left you there."
It's all your fault.
It's all your fault.
It's all your fault.
My brain keeps telling me. But it's right. It's all my fault. I didn't protect her, I should've been there. I kept crying for hours. She still didn't wake up, which made me worry a little. I feel my head throbbing and my eyes burning from all the crying. I'm so tired. All I know is, that the next thing I do is open my eyes, still in that uncomfortable plastic chair next to May. I look at my phone. It's morning already so I must've slept in. May is sleeping, I wonder if she even woke up.