╔══•XXXI•══╗

Peter's pov:
I wake up to my phone ringing. Unknown number. I pick it up, it's the same lady from the hospital, I recognize her voice. "Yes, this is Peter Parker." "I'm calling about May Parker." "Is she okay? Can she come home?" I ask excitedly. "Unfortunately, the new medicines she got didn't seem to work." Shit, no no no. "She's awake but not looking the best. She has to stay. I'm sorry." "O-okay, thanks," that's all I can say before bursting out crying. Why? Why now? Why her? She was getting so much better. I bury my face into my pillows as I cry and I stay in my room for the rest of the afternoon. After a few hours, Nat knocks on my door. "Kid, are you okay? You didn't come down all morning." I don't answer, I don't want her to hear my shaking voice. She opens in and sees me in my bed sobbing. "Hey, hey. What's wrong? What happened?" I take my head out of the pillows and look at her with tears in my eyes. "May," that's all I say and I already feel the tears coming. "What happened??" she asks worriedly. "S-she got worse again. She can't come home." "Oh Pete, oh no," she says, as she strokes my back to comfort me. We stay like that for a while, I'm just crying and her just being there, comforting me, telling me everything's going to be okay. "Do you want me to tell the others? I know it's really hard for you." I nod and I hug her. "Thank you."

Nat's pov:
I came up to Peter's room because the others were worried about him so I expected them to ask, what was going on anyways. "Nat?" Bruce asks immediately after I closed his door. "Wait until at least I go down," I say. "So..." I say as I reach down and I see everyone looking at me worried. "It's May. The hospital called and she's getting worse again," I sigh. I see everybody realizing what happened. They're all sad now. "Shit..." Tony says as he sits down and just stares in front of himself. "We have to go and see her," I suggest. "We can't go there all at once. You know it's a maximum of two people at once," Bucky says. "We'll go there one by one then," Bruce suggests. "But considering what can happen... Peter has to choose, who he feels would be the most important. Because if May doesn't get better we can't all go and see her. We don't have that many days." I say. "Right," Tony says, "we have to ask him. It's soon visiting hours." "I'll go up again and ask him then."

I go up again, knock and open in. "Hey, kid. It's me again." "Hey Nat," he says. "We thought you could visit May with someone from the team. Who do you want to go with?" "I don't really care. You all will come anyway. Right?" "Yes... yes, we all want to. But you have to think about the worse that can happen too. Who do you feel is the closest to you and would want to see her with you?" "No. No, she's not going to die. She'll be okay. I'm not choosing, I don't have to." I sigh. He's crying again. I know he doesn't want to believe but he has to face the fact she might not be okay. "Please, kid. Just come down after a few minutes. The visiting hours start soon."

Peter's pov:
I go down finally. I decided I'll go alone. I can't and will not choose. If they can't decide between each other then I'll go alone. "Hey, kid. Who's it gonna be then?" Mr. Stark asks. "Who wants to come?" I ask without facing them cause I know they will not decide instead of me. "We all want but you know it's only one person at a time." "I will not decide. If no one comes then I'll go alone," I say and I step out the door. I knew it. No one came after me, even though waited 5 minutes. I put on my headphones and start walking. I reach the hospital. The nurses greet me but when I take my direction to May's room, one of them comes up to me and tells me to go with her. "Hello Peter, please come with me. Your aunt has been placed in another room." I follow her and when we reach the room the door says terminal illness "Is-is it this one? Are you sure?" I ask with a shaky voice, already holding back cries. "Yes. I'm so sorry," the nurse says and leaves me there. I go inside, terrified about what I'll see. There she is, laying on the hospital bed. She's conscious but she has a breathing mask on and looks so weak. I have no idea how could it go so bad so fast. "M-may," I say with my voice breaking. I go there and hug her and cry in her arms. She takes off her mask "I love you, kid, please don't worry too much, I'll be alright," she says with a raspy, weak voice. "I'm so sorry... I'm so sorry May," I whisper while crying. I let go of the hug and I see something weird on her neck. "What is that? O-on your neck." "That's the-" she can't finish the sentence, she has to cough. "From the wand." She coughs more. That explains why is it so blue. "Peter, look at me," she tells me "The doctors told me that this is an unknown material and there's no cure for it yet. So please hold on for me, please. I'll be okay with Uncle Ben okay?" she's crying too. "No, May no, no..." I cry. "I love you so much, I-I need you. P-please," I say. "I love you Pete, you'll be okay." And she puts back the oxygen mask. "M-may? Why are your lips blue?" I ask worriedly. "I-I don't kn-" she starts coughing again. This time she doesn't stop and I'm getting very concerned. "MAY!" She's coughing up blood. "Help, I need help here, please," I shout while sobbing and terrified. A doctor and nurses run there. They say something to me but I don't understand, everything is muffled. I realize I'm panicking. They sit me down and one of the nurses comes there and tries to tell me something while in the back I see they try to save May. I can't concentrate on the nurse, I just see May dying. I bring up my hand to cover my mouth as I cry as they start CPR on her. I want to scream and hurt something, someone. I want to smash the hospital chair across the room. But I'm just sitting there, shaking, terrified, sobbing. The nurses are all around May's bed, trying to get her back. I'm praying that she wakes up again but deep down I know she will not. She felt it, she knew it, she's not coming back.