╔══•XXXIX•══╗

Steve's pov:
I haven't seen Bucky since he ran up to his room. I wonder what happened. I wanted to check on him but I know he needs some time alone sometimes. I'm minding my own business when a thought crosses my mind. 'What if he took pills again to punish himself?' I put down what I was doing and went to his room. I knock. He doesn't answer. "Buck, it's me, Steve," I knock again. There's no sound coming through the door, no answer, nothing. I have to go in now. I push down the doorknob and push the door but it's locked. He never locks his door. I'm getting concerned about him. "Hello? Bucky?" I say while trying to force the door open. He's not awake. I'm pretty sure he locked the door and took a load of pills. I lean against the door and push it as hard as I can. I don't want to break it so I ask Wanda if she has a hairpin. She asks why but I lie that I need it for opening my wardrobe because it got stuck. She believes it so I quickly leave to open Bucky's door. I stick the hairpin in the lock and struggle to open it still. I can't open it. Maybe he left the key inside.

I believe Tony knows a way that Friday could open it so I go down and ask. "Hey, Tony. Could Friday open a door that had been locked?" "I'm not sure, it depends on whose door." I didn't want to bother him with this again but I guess I have to tell him now. "It's... Bucky's door," I say sadly. He knows what I mean if I say it like this. "Shit...okay let's go there," he says and we head to Bucky's room. "Friday? Can you open Bucky's door?" "No, Mr. Stark. It is locked by Bucky." "Use 444," Tony says some numbers I never heard of. "Policy 444 enabled," Friday says. "Now the door could be opened but I'm not sure. If it doesn't open I can't do anything else." I push the door but nothing. I try again, a little stronger than last time. I hear something moving in the door but it's not open yet. "Tony, help me," I ask him. We both push the door and I hear a click. I think it opened. I turn the doorknob and the door opens. Thank god. But my joy doesn't last long. I see Bucky passed out on the ground, his knees pulled up to his chest. I see two bottles next to him. One of them is spilled out on the ground. I look at Tony. He's shocked and worried. I look back at Bucky's pale face, the redness around his eyes. "How much did you take?" I whisper to myself. I look into the bottles and notice both bottle halves are missing. Did he take an entire bottle? Oh my god. Something really bad had to happen. He did it in the afternoon and he took a lot. Something's wrong. I'm concerned I wouldn't be able to wake him up but I try anyway. I shake his body while telling him to wake up, "Bucky! Come on, wake up." He stays like how he was before, he won't wake up. I don't want to accept the fact that he's this bad again, he has to wake up. "Wake up! Please, Buck." "Cap... Steve, he won't wake up," Tony says from behind me. "You know he won't." He comes there and puts his fingers to Bucky's neck, to feel his pulse. "He has a pulse, he'll wake up. Let's just put him up on his bed okay?" He suggests and I agree, I know he will not wake up, and I'm very worried, I don't know what happened. But Tony's right. He'll wake up but not now. We manage to drag him up onto his bed and leave him in his room.

[time skip - a day later]

Tony's pov:
It's somewhere in the evening when Bucky comes down from his room. Steve goes there immediately, I see the worry on his face. He starts asking what happened. "Buck, thank god, what happened?" "Did you come into my room, Steve?" he asks upset. "Yes, but-" "Let me have privacy, you don't have to come and rescue me every time," he cuts Steve off. "Bucky..." he sighs, "Okay, we'll talk later." Bucky goes to the fridge and gets a bottle of beer out. He chugs it down, he must feel really bad because he gets another one. I watch his behavior surprised, he's never like this. He comes towards me while he finishes that beer as well. "Come with me," he says and turns around. We go to his room. "What's happening Bucky?" I ask him as I sit down, "What happened?" "That's what I'm about to tell you. You have to know. You're like a father to him..." Now I know he's talking about Peter. "What did he do? How bad?" "Pretty bad..." He stands up and goes to his window. I assume he can't look at me while saying it.

"Peter- yesterday. You know Friday said he needed me. Well... he self-harmed again. Pretty bad," he stops and takes a deep breath. "He um... he cut a vein." his voice shakes. My eyes widen as I process what I've just heard. "He did what?" I ask back shocked. He doesn't say anything so we don't talk for a few seconds. "Do you think... do you think he tried to kill himself?" he asks choked up. He turns to face me, his eyes are teary. This question breaks me. "No... no, no, no,"  I feel my voice shaking and the knot in my throat. I can't imagine him doing this to himself. But the sad thing is that I know there's a chance he would. I bury my face in my hands. "He told me, he asked for help so he maybe didn't. But it was really deep..." Bucky says. "W-wait you saw it?" He nods with tears in his eyes. I imagine what it could look like. I shiver to the thought as I feel a warm tear rolling down my cheeks. "I'm going to talk to him about it but I just needed you to know. I hope I didn't make a bad decision by telling you." "No, no you certainly didn't. I'm glad you trust me enough to tell me. Thank you," I sniffle. "I'm... I'm just gonna go now okay?" I ask because I feel the panic taking over me and he doesn't have to deal with me too. I go to my room quietly and lock my door.