11

- NO POV -

Daku looks into the music room and found (Y/n) there practicing. She was humming a small tune as she played with the piano a bit. "You're good with that," Daku said to make his presence known. Scarring (Y/n) in process, however. "O-Oh, Daku. It's just you." (Y/n) nervously laughs. Daku found her jumpiness rather. . .cute. Like a kitten. "Sorry if I scared you. I didn't see you in the lunch hall, so I came here to see if you were here." Daku chuckles for a moment. "I don't have many friends yet to sit with at lunch. I'm still relatively new at this school. Also, it's too noisy when everyone is around talking. It distracts me from music." She said truthfully. Daku's lips twitched for a split second, before speaking again. "Yeah, some students don't know how to keep their voice low. Gives me a headache." He grunts a bit. (Y/n) giggles and nods in agreement. "But. . .if you don't mind. . .we can come here for lunch. Just the two of us." Daku gives a small smile at her. (Y/n) felt the warm feeling in her chest again as she looked up at Daku. "I would very much enjoy that." She gives a bashful smile at him. 

"So how long have you played the piano?" He asks her. "I think about six years now." (Y/n) replies as she thought about it. "Really? From the sound of how you play, I thought it would've been since you were five or something." Daku says in surprise. "It's nothing like that. I was just taught by a very special teacher." (Y/n) smiles softly as she thought of the old woman that taught her how to play. The two began to talk more and (Y/n) eventually told him that he was allowed to come to her place for after-school practice. "Are you busy today after-school?" He asks her. "No. I don't think I have anything planned." (Y/n) replies. "Then let's practice at your place today. I can get us something to eat on our way to your place." Daku offers. "Y-You don't have to do that! Please, it's my home that you're coming to!" (Y/n) said. Daku rubs her head and chuckles. "It's my treat. Plus, I'm the one coming to your place so suddenly. It's the least I can do." Daku chuckles a bit. He then noticed how you didn't respond and he noticed his actions. 

"Sorry, I should've asked if it was okay for me to touch you," Daku said as he retracted his hand away. "I-It's fine. It was just a friendly manner. We are friends. . .right?" (Y/n) asks. Daku looked down at (Y/n) with a slight hint of shock. How long has it been since I made a friend? "Yeah, we're friends." He gives a small smile. (Y/n) smiles back and unnoticed to them. . .someone was watching and listening.

- - -

"I promise to be safe. We're just picking up food and then going home. Alright, be safe. Love you too." (Y/n) ended the call with Koko. She caught up with Daku. Her eyes widen in awe and her jaw dropped a bit. When she saw Daku on his bike, she couldn't clearly see what type he had. "No way! You have a Honda CB500F?!" She says in shock. "You know your bikes." Daku chuckles. "I've always wanted one of my own motorbikes when I was little. I always admired how cool people looked on them." (Y/n) smiles. "Ah, so you think I'm cool?" Daku teases her a bit, making her blush. "I'm just messing with you." Daku chuckles, making her chuckle a bit with him. "Here." (Y/n) felt something go over her head and her vision became a little darker. "First time riding or not, I don't want you to get hurt while I'm the one driving." Daku says as he adjusts the helmet on her head. (Y/n) was thankful that the helmet covered her entire face as she climbed on the bike and wrapped her arms around him. 

The sound of the engine running made her grip tighter onto him. Daku then began to drive to place he was going to get food from. On the drive, (Y/n) became a bit more comfortable. She was still scared, but found it relaxing as they drove. Is this how you felt every time you droved out. . .Nii-Chan? She thought of her brother. She slightly looked up at Daku as much as his face revealed over his shoulder and blushed. 

\ \ \ \

When we got to my place, Mikey and the others were still at home. I was a bit scared about Daku seeing them. Even if they were my loving caretakers, they still did shady business and were wanted by police. "I'm home!" I call out like usual. Daku followed me as we moved more into the house. "How was your day, dear?" Kakucho asks me. "It's going well so far. Everyone, this is my friend Aoki Daku. He's my partner." I said. I then panicked as that had a double meaning. "I-In music! W-We're a duet!" I said quickly. I felt my face heat up as I got embarrassed. "Nice to meet you all." Daku says as he bows. "The same to you, Aoki-Kun." Koko-San hums. "You kiddos have fun, but not too much fun." Ran-san said as he gave a teasing grin. "U-Uncle Ran!" I hissed at him and felt my face heat up more. I grab Daku's wrist and drag him upstairs. "Keep the door open, missy!" Sanzu-San shouts. "I-I know, f-father!" 

I never had parents that embarrassed me and I might have been a bit jealous of those kids who had those experiences. However, I now feel the pain like those children and I wish it never happens again. "I-I'm sorry about them. . .it's the first time I bring a boy over." First time I brought anyone in all honesty. Daku chuckles a bit. "It's no problem. My mom and grandmother would do the same." He says. "You live with them?" I ask. "No, I live my father." I can tell that he doesn't like his father very much. It got awkward for a moment before he changed the subject. "So, we should find some songs to practice on. Get a little more comfortable with whatever genre we sing." Daku says. "Right." I nodded.