[10]

Ace helped me by putting everything that we got into its place

"Okay what first," he asks me.

"Well if we are baking, we got to do it the fun way," I say. He looks at me confused. I run upstairs and get a speaker from my room. I connect it and start my playlist.

"Ah music, good call," he says.

"I know," I say.

We start by putting all the ingredients into the bowl. This recipe is pretty easy because it is not from scratch, just one of those box recipes.

About ten minutes go by and the cookies are in the oven. They only need to cook for fifteen minutes. So now we wait.

"THE LAST TIME I FREAKED OUT," I yell and dance a little.

My favorite song See you again by Miley Cyrus just came on. So of course I belted out the lyrics, and I might of busted Ace's eardrum.

"I JUST KEPT LOOKING DOWN," I yell.

"Okay now this is a show," Ace says while leaning against the counter and folding his arms over his chest.

"What come on, does the bad boy not dance," I ask?

"I can but now is not the time," he says.

"Okay, well when is the time," I ask him.

"I don't know, when the time comes it will come," he says.

"Whatever," I say.

I go over and pause the music. The cookies are done and smell great, they also look delicious as well. I hop on the counter while Ace takes them out.

"Can we eat them," I ask?

"In a little let's give these little guys some time to cool off," he says. He is close to me at the moment, he is standing in between my legs as I currently sit on the counter.

"Oh okay," I say with a little sigh. I hang my head down looking at my feet.

Ace lifts my head and pulls me in for a hug. Wow, he gives good ones. This hug feels nice, but it also feels like he needed it. I rub my hands up and down on his lower back.

"Thank you for today, you had no idea how much I needed this," he says still hugging me.

"Of course Ace," I say.

"I know I can be... Well how do you put this-"

"-an annoying bad boy who seems to only care about himself," I say while cutting him off.

"Yeah sure let's go with that," he says while releasing me from the hug.

We are both staring at each other, but this time it feels warm and nice. "Ace you can always talk to me. I know we haven't known each other for a long time, but I want to. I want to know the real Ace Sterling."

"I want that too, but my life isn't perfect. It's fucked up. I'm fucked up." He says and slowly a tear falls from his face.

"Hey, look at me," I say while lifting his head " I don't expect you to tell me everything about your life right now but sometime I hope you will."

"I will Mia, I most certainly will," he says and pulls me back into a hug.

"Ace," I say.

"Mia," he says.

"Can we eat the cookies now," I ask?

"Now we can," he says and chuckles.

We break apart from the hug. I hop off the counter and go over to get a cookie. These taste so good. I certainly outdid myself. I have one more and so does Ace. We then find a container to put the rest in for later of course. We clean up and put everything away. Ace wipes down the counter and I put the utensils into the dishwasher.

"Now what," he asks.

"Well I was going to watch something, but you can watch with me only if you want to," I say.

"What are we watching," he asks.

After ten minutes of arguing about what to match we decide to watch the movie, Black Panther. I have never seen this but Ace has.

***
I woke up to the sound of a movie playing. I checked the time on my phone, and it read 11:30 pm. We fell asleep. Oh great, I was cuddling with Ace.

It felt good though.

"Hey, you were comfy," he says while getting up.

"We fell asleep together, next to each other," I say and quickly get up from the couch.

"Yeah, what's the problem with that," he asks getting up as well.

"There is no problem," I say.

"Mia you are freaking out, pacing around the room, and fidgeting with the remote. So there most certainly is a problem," he says and walks over to me holding my arms. Which cause me to stand still and relax a little.

"Fine, I was freaking out because we fell asleep together. Mia has never done that, I have never even talked to a guy let alone cuddle with him," I say.

"Mia it's okay, if you don't want me to say anything then I won't. I promise," he says while rubbing my arms.

"Okay," I say and let out a sigh of relief.

"Now get to bed because we have school tomorrow," he says.

"Yeah, of course, you too," I say.

He puts on his shoes and before he walks out he says "You do look hot in my hoodie,"

"I Know Sterling," I say and give him a wink before he walks out.

With that, he is gone leaving me alone in the living room. Well, this day was in the top five for the weirdest days. Wonder what tomorrow will bring.

A/N
OMG I think this is my favorite chapter so far. I  love writing about Mia and Aces sorta friendship. Let me know what your guys thoughts on this chapter?

Word count- 981