[14]

It is currently 7 pm on a Wednesday and me and the girls are getting ready at my house

It is currently 7 pm on a Wednesday and me and the girls are getting ready at my house. It would be easier that way because Blake wanted to ride over with Ace and since we are neighbors. Well, we thought my house was the best.

The girls insisted that we start getting ready at 7 because arriving early is not good but arriving late and looking hot now that's the best.

I heard a knock on my door and I just knew it was my mom checking in on us.

"You can come in mom," I say and she does.

"You guys ready for the party," she says.

"Yeah I am so excited," Gracie says while scrolling through her phone for an eye look.

"Same here," me and Alexis say in unison.

"Okay but you know the rules Mia don't you," my moms says and then gives me that mom look.

"Yes, I do. If you want action use protection," I say.

"That's my girl, have fun," she says and walks out of my room.

"Dude I wish my mom was that carefree with my life," Alexis says.

"Same here," Gracie says.

Gracie brought a few dresses from her house and so did Alexis. I tried so many on until I found the one. It was a navy blue dress that had tank top straps. A little sinch on one thigh and it shows just the right amount of cleavage. I paired it with black heels and a silver necklace and bag.

(MIA'S DRESS)

(ALEXIS DRESS)

(ALEXIS DRESS)

(GRACIE'S DRESS)

(GRACIE'S DRESS)

"EEEEKKK Girls, we look so hot," Gracie yells

"We are for sure going to get some looks tonight," I say.

"For sure but promise to stick together unless you find a dude and if you do make sure to let one of us know," Alexis says. She is the mom of our group and cares the most about our well-being.

I am super excited to go to this party because I have never been to one and I just want to relax and forget about everything that happened with Ace over the weekend.

"Of course," I say.

*****
We walk inside the house and instantly hear blaring music and people smashing their sweaty bodies against each other. Everywhere I looked there was either someone smoking, drinking or couples eating each other's faces out.

Gross!

Alexis wanted to dance, and Gracie already went somewhere with a guy. Why am I not surprised? I did get a lot of looks from other guys which made me feel awkward. So I decided to just go and get a drink from the kitchen.

Vodka

Beer

I couldn't choose.

"Mix them," someone says from behind. I look over my shoulder to see who it was but it was someone that I didn't recognize.

"Okay, thanks," I say and turn back around to mix both of the drinks.

I start to drink out of the cup and face people who dance their lives away. I start to walk out of the room but bump into someone on the way out. You will never guess who it was.

Ace Sterling!

"Mia," he says staring at me and taking in my presents, and I can't help but do the same.

He is wearing a Black button-up and light-wash jeans. He still has his basic accessories on from when we were originally going to hang out.

God does he look good!

"UH, no need to apologize Ace," I say and start walking past him.

I don't get far until he grabs my arm and whips me back around to face him.

"What," I say avoiding eye contact.

"We need to talk," he says.

"NO," I say.

"Mia," he whispered in my ear.

"Ace," I say.

"Your mad, I can feel it," he says.

"You got that right," I say.

"Who are you mad at," he asks and finally lets go of my arm.

"You," I say and look him in the eye. "You Ace Sterling need to get your fucking shit together. When you talk to someone and share important things with them, you can't just go and bang another girl the next day."

"Yes okay I did that but so did you," he says.

"Pardon," I say and cross my arms over my chest.

"Yesterday morning you were talking to some guy near your lockers," he says.

"You mean matt, he was just asking me what I got for question 24 on the physics homework," I say and throw my hands up in the air. "That's all."

"Oh, I'm sorry," he says.

"Yeah next time just come up to me and ask me who I am talking to don't go assuming things," I say.

"I won't. I will make sure to ask next time," he says.

"So what were you up to at lunch yesterday," I asked as I leaned back against the counter. I wanted to hear it from him even though I already knew the truth.

"I think you already know," he says and takes a step closer to me.

"So your with her now," I ask.

"Why," he says. He has one hand above my head on the wall and the other rubbing my lower arm.

"I uh I was uh just wondering," I say. I can't help but get so many shivers from what Ace is doing.

"Nothing is going on between me and her," he whispered in my ear.

"Also you look fucking hot in that dress Mia," he says. He winked at me and then left the room.

I stood there completely frozen and let out a breath that I didn't realize I was holding. What just happened it almost felt like we were going to kiss.

I go out and find Alexis. We start dancing and just let our bodies relax for once. I looked up a couple of times and I could see Ace staring at me and only me. A few people come up to us and proposed to play a game of Truth or Dare.

Now, this should be fun!