I know places

published: 2-11-2022
edited: 18-4-2024

Thalias POV

I'm driving the car while Vers sits beside me and Fury is in the backseat. " So, the Skrulls are alien races which infiltrate and overtake alien planets. And you're a Kree, a race of noble warriors." I say trying to break the tension in the car. "Heroes. Noble warrior heroes." Vers say while looking at me. " What do Skrulls want with Dr. Lawson?" I ask Vers. "They believe she developed a light speed engine at Pegasus." She explains. "Light speed engine?" Fury asks. "I've got to admit, that's not the craziest thing I've heard today." I say to her. "Well, it's still early." Vers says while smiling at me.

"And you, what do you want?" I see Vers taking her focus of me and instead looking to Fury. "To stop the Skrulls before they become unstoppable." Vers answers. " And...? Look, war is a universal language. I know a rogue soldier when I see one, that's how I know Thalia is one as well. You've got a personal stake in this." Fury says. "I'm not a soldier Nick." I say to him.

I drive up to the gate from the base. "This is a government property, turn your vehicle around." I hear the security say. "Thalia Anastasia Romanoff, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D." I say. "Are there any other agents in the car?" The man asks again. "Nicholas Joseph Fury" Fury answers before I can. "Place your thumb on the pad Agent Romanoff" I do what he asks and put my thumb on the pad. "Okay Agent Fury place your thumb on the pad" Fury steps out the car and places his thumb on the pad. "One moment." the security man says.

While waiting in silence I can see that Vers is trying not to laugh. "Nicholas Joseph Fury and Thalia Anastasia Romanoff, you guys have three names?" Fury looks at her "Almost everybody calls me Fury. Not Nicholas, not Joseph, not Nick. Just Fury."

"What does your mom call you?" "Fury." "What do you call her?" "Fury." "What about your kids?" "If I have them, they'll call me Fury." "And Thalia? She calls you Nick." Vers asks confused. "She's one of the persons who decided that she could call me Nick instead of Fury. I gave up trying to correct her long ago." Fury answers.

"What about you Thalia? What call people you?" Vers asks looking at. "Everybody calls me Thalia except my sisters." I explain. "What does your sister call you?" Vers asks with a little smile on her face. I turn my attention to Vers.

"They call me Lia but only my sisters are allowed to call me that. What about you Vers? Do you have a nickname?" I ask to her. "I don't, but I'm sure you could come up with one, don't you Lia? "Vers answer with a sly smile, which causes me to roll me eyes at her. " You're cleared for access." The security man says. "Thank you." I say and driving through the gate.