16

*inside Maria's house*

"I can't believe you got into the raddest dogfight ever" Carol says. "I'd say you arrived just in time." Maria says to Carol. Fury turns his attention to Maria "That's some nifty flying you did out there. SHIELD could always use a good pilot like you. You could be partnered up with Thalia, completing missions together." he says. Maria looks at Fury "hmm, I'm not so sure...It's dangerous and I don't want to leave Monica behind again" Thalia looks at Maria ending the chat Carol and she had. "It could be fun though." Thalia commends a small smile visible on her face.

"I'll consider it, okay." She answers Thalia before turning her attention to Fury "As long as you don't call my flying nifty again. How's your eye?" She asks him.

"Getting better every second." Fury says. "Just so I'm clear, you were Soh-Larr, and the SHIELD agent?" Carol asks. "Keller. Tied my boss up, stole his identity." Fury says to Carol. Talos turns to look at Fury "I borrowed his likeness. I'm no thief." Soren who is standing near her husband looks at him. "It's a little like thief." She says. "Whose side are you on?" Talos questions his wife.

"You're good to go here till you recover, but you and your family will need a new look." Thalia says to them. "I could go back to being your boss." Talos says. "Please don't." Fury begs.

"Come on. I love sporting his beautiful blue eyes." Talos says to him.

"No way, you guys have the best eyes. Don't ever change your eyes." Monica says, her attention mostly on Talos daughter. "I'll help you find a home. Finish what Mar-Vell started." Carol says to the skrulls. Monica looks up at her mother "They can stay here with us, can't they, Mom?" Monia asks her mother. "They won't be safe here, baby. Auntie Carol is right. They need their own home." Maria answers her daughter. "I have to do something first and then I'm off but I won't be away for long." Carol says to Monica, who is looking a little bit sad about Carol leaving. "Maybe I can fly up and meet you halfway" Monica says to Carol. Well, only if you learn to glow, like your Auntie Carol." Thalia says. "Or maybe I'll build a spaceship. You don't know." She replies to Thalia.  "She doesn't." Carol says teasing Thalia.

*kitchen*

"Keep the Tesseract on Earth. Hidden." Carol says to Fury who is washing the dishes.

"You're sure that's what Marvel would want?" Fury questions. "Mar-Vell." Carol corrects to him.

"That's what I said." Fury says offended. Carol looks at him again before explaining "It's two words. Mar- Vell." "Mar-Vell. Marvel sounds a lot better. You know, like the Marvelettes?" Fury says before he starts singing "Oh, yeah, wait a minute Mr. Postman. Ay, ay, ay, ay, Mr. Postman." Not ringing any bells?" He asks again. "Keep singing. Maybe it'll come back to me." Carol says a sly smile on her face.

Carol takes out Fury's pages, which has her symbol on it. "I upgraded it. Range should be, a couple galaxies, at least. When I see Thalia I will upgrade her pager to." Carol says while she offers it to Fury, but before he can take it, she pulls it away. "What? You think I'm gonna prank call you?" He asks her. Carol looks him in the eye "For emergencies only. Okay?"

"Well, if you're ever passing back through this galaxy, be sure to give a brother a shout." He says before the two fist bump, and Carol teasingly electrocutes Fury but he laughs it off.

*living room*

Monica runs down the stairs holding a jacket while Carol and Thalia are sitting on the couch.

"We got the ketchup stain off." Monica says to Carol while Carol give Thalia her pager back.

"Thanks, Lieutenant Trouble." Carol offers a smile to Monica. "Do you know when you'll leave?" Monica asks Carol. " In a few days. " Carol says smiling at Monica.

The evening had already fallen when Thalia was sitting next to Nick on the couch, reading a book that she found in Maria's house. The memories of the past days were still playing in her head especially the night Carol kissed her. Was Fury right about the fact she fell in love with a woman she met a few days ago? How was it possible that she forget everything the Red Room taught her. "Hey, can I talk to you about something? Alone." Carol asks when she see Thalia and Fury sitting.

At the sound of Carol's voice Thalia looks up from her book to look at Carol. "Sure. Let's go outside." Thalia stands up and follows Carol outside to the porch and goes sitting on the stairs next to Carol. "What do you want to talk about?" Thalia asks looking at Carol. "The kiss." Carol says while trying to avoid eye contact. "Go on..." Thalia says not sure what to think. "If you haven't figured it out yet by the kiss, I like you and I understand if you don't feel the same because we only met you like a few days ago, but.." Carol was cut of with Talia kissing her. "I like you too. And I'm sorry I didn't say it earlier. I was just too scared. I've lost a people who were close to me and I was scared that if I told you about my feeling towards you that you would leave as well." Thalia confesses while looking to the ground, feeling Carol's eyes on her. "Wow, I manage to make an assassin scared?" Carols says trying to lighting the mood a little while Thalia giggles softly and finally having back the courage to look at the girl next to her. "I won't leave you. I promise." Carol says before connecting her lips with Thalia once again.

______________________________________________________________________________

And that's the end of this book. It seems unreal for me that I've finished it. Thanks for sticking with me throughout this book. I'm going to post an epilogue later this week because I've already written it but I just want to double check before publishing it.