Project Pegasus

Published: 26-11-2022
edited: 7-4-2024

Thalias POV

-Project Pegasus, Joint NASA USAF Facility-

I open the door while Vers and Fury step out as well. "Oh, hold up. You look like somebody's disaffected niece. Put that on." Fury says while throwing a baseball cap with the S.H.I.E.L.D. logo. "Well, I think you look good. " I say to Vers while walking I walk to the edge of the carpark. "Thank u. Fury what this?" She asks him while looking to the cap. Fury looks back at her "It's the S.H.I.E.L.D. logo." He explains.

"Does announcing your identity on clothing help with your job?" She asks with a sly smile. "Said the space soldier who was wearing a rubber suit." Vers puts the cap on, and looks at Fury annoyed. "Oh, and lose the flannel" Fury says. I look back to where Fury and Vers are standing and see a security guard and two-armed airman approach us.

"How can I help you?" The security guy asks. "We're agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. ." Fury says while I take out my badge and show it to the officer. "We're looking for a woman named Lawson." Vers says. "A Dr. Wendy Lawson." I clarify. "Do you know her?" Vers asks the officer. The officer gives back my badge. "Follow me." He instructed us.

"Are you familiar with the phrase ' Welkom Wagon'?" Fury asks Vers who is standing on the other side of him. "NO." Vers answers. "Well, this ain't it." I reply. Fury places his thumb on the scanner hoping the door would open but it went red. "Here, let me try." I say to no one in particularly. I walk passed Vers and walk over to the scanner. I put my thumb on it but it also went to red. "Really a trained spy and that's what you think will work? Can't you do something? Use those spy skills that you learned Thalia!" Fury says to me. " I'm sorry Nick but not everything can be solved by my spy skills." I answer him, the sarcasm lacing my voice.

Fury sighs before reaching into his pocket to grab his pager. "Is that a communicator?" Vers asks. "Yeah. State-of-the-art two-way pager." Fury answers. " Who are you paging?" Vers asks him. "My mom. Don't worry, I didn't mention you." He answers. I walk over to Fury and look at the text 'Detained with target, need backup.'. I see Vers stand up and walk towards the door and tries opening it with her fingerprint.

Suddenly I thought of something. I take out my badge and take a piece of sticky tape that I found to get a fingerprint. I walk to the door and place the tape on the scanner. "Are you serious Thalia. Now you come up with that idea?" Fury asks, looking at me sceptical. "Well Nick, be happy I found a way to get out, otherwise we would still be in here." I reply. After the scanner turned green I look at Vers " After you." I say to her. "Impressive." She replies before walking out of the room. "Oh, you should see what she can do if she has to use her weapons." Fury remarks before he follows us.