memories

AN: Sorry for the wait. Next week I'm on a trip with school for a week so no chapter then, sorry.

published: 8-5-2024

*previous chapter*

"If the Kree legends are true, the Quantum Bands were used to create every jump point in the universe." Carol says. "Teleportation network." I reply. "Two Quantum Band working in unison to connect the galaxy." Monica says. "So that would explain our switch-y entanglement situation." Kamala says. "Yeah, yeah, but Dar-Benn only has one." Monica explains. "She must be overloading it with the energy from her space hammer thingy" I say looking at her.

"It's called the Universal Weapon." Carol says looking at me. "Oh, really? I was gonna call it Cosmi-Rod." Kamala says. "Doesn't' matter guys, we've bigger problems to focus on." I say to them. "Thalia is right. She's using it to force unstable jump point into the grid. We've got to get to her before she makes another one." Monica explains. "She had stars charts and maps on the screen on her ship." Kamala speaks up. "Okay. To where?" Carol asks. "To the stars?" Kamala says uncertainly. "Okay. It's fine. Got a plan." Carol says.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Carol runs over to our bed where the skrull device Is laying. "We will use this." Carol says while showing the device. "Is that...?" Kamala wonders. "A Skrull torture device." Carol explains , trying to place the device on Kamala her head. "And, wait, we put it on our heads?" Kamala asks concerned. "Yes, it's fine. You use it to access memories." Carol replies, shoving the device into Kamala her hands.

"I've been using it to regain the memories that the Kree took from me." Carol says, turning around to get the others while Kamala stretches her arms to keep the device as far away from her as possible. "Still?" Monica asks while she holds the device Carol had just given her. "Yeah." Carol says sorrowful before handing me one. I take the device hesitatingly from her hands. "You know I'm not a fan of reliving certain memories. Somebody once did that to me and I was pretty shaken up afterwards." I say to Carol. "I know, but you won't relive them. Besides, you know, it has a lot of other uses. It's safe." Carol concludes. "You might wanna get comfortable." I say to them, knowing we're gonna have to do this.

AN: Words said in the memory will be written like this.

Carol and I are laying in our bed, Monica lays on the couch while Kamala lays on the other couch. The device wires and we get to relive the memories. "Woah, this is weird." Kamala says. We see Dar-Benn absorbing Carols powers before Monica speaks up. "Wait. Go back." The same scene is again in front of us. "Her band absorbs your energy and redirects it." Monica says. "Mon's right. It's like you gave her powers to use against you." I say. The scene changes again, this time focussing on Kamala. "Kamala?" Carol asks the young girl. "Hmm. What about this?" She asks once we see the map. "There! Those coordinates." Monica points out. "Can you read that?" I ask Carol. "Yes. The Magellanic Galaxy.

The scene changes again. This time we're see a young Monica with Carol behind her. The young girl giggles while Carol opens the door from the plane. "All right, the pilot seat is all you." Carol says. "Is that you, Monica? You're so cute!" Kamala says. The scenes keep changing, most of the time about Carols life before the crash. "No, wait!" Carol says, once she notice what's happening. "Carol, what are you doing?" Monica asks. The scenes finally stop changing and we see the Rambeau's residence. "Why'd you ask me to come, Maria?" Carol asks. "Mom." Monica says once she sees her mother in the memories.

"The cancer's back. So I need you to take care of Goose." Maria explains. "No." Carol says in denial. "What you mean 'no'?" Maria asks. "No, I mean you beat it once. You'll beat it again." Carol says. "Carol..." Maria pleads. "I'm not taking the cat." Carol says determinedly. "It's not a cat." Maria corrects her. "It should've been you that day. That stupid race to the hanger." Carol says. "I never wanted to be Captain Marvel. Captain Rambeau suits me just fine. And it's just until Monica gets back." Maria explains. "She blipped." Carol says sorrowful. "Last time I spoke to Lia she said her and the fellow Avengers are still trying to get everybody back. Was she lying to me?" Maria asks the woman. "No, of course not. She's trying everything she can." Carol promises Maria. "Carol, do me a favour?" Maria asks. "Yeah." Carol says. "Promise you won't say a word about this to Lia. I wanna tell her myself." Maria asks her. "Promise." Carol says.