epiloque #2

-2018, Avengers compound-

*3the POV*

"This is a nightmare." Exclaims Steve after the device turned off again. "I've had better nightmares." Natasha says, she thought the symbol was familiar but didn't know where she remembers it from, she had to ask her sister about it 'cause maybe she knows it.

While Bruce tries to send the signal again Rhodey and Thalia walk in. While Rhodey speaks up, Thalia decide to be quiet and just stand next to Nat. "Hey. So that thing just stopped doing whatever the hell it was doing." He asks.

Steve and Rhodey walk towards Bruce who is analysing the transmitter device while Natasha looks at Thalia who was holding a transmitter which had the same symbol on it as the one Bruce was analysing. "You have one too? From who is it? Why did Nick had it?" Natasha asks Thalia who had turned her attention on her sister.

"The pager? Carol gave it to Nick and I when we first met in case of an emergency. Let's just hope she isn't one of the victims of the snap but if she isn't she'll probably be her soon based that Nick and I both paged her." Thalia explains. "Carol, like in your space girl girlfriend?" Natasha ask remembering the day her sister told her about Carol.

Natasha had met Carol a few times since 2007. Carol was most of her time in space fighting crime but came every month for a few days back to earth to see Thalia. "Don't worry, she'll be oke." Natasha whispers to Thalia before walking over the others with Thalia following her. Thalia had decided to keep her relationship secret from her fellow avengers. The only people who knew about it are Nick, Clint Barton, Natasha Romanoff, Maria Hill, Maria and Monica Rambeau.

"What have we got?" Natasha asks, pretending she didn't know. "Whatever the signal is sending, it finally creeped off." Bruce answers. "I thought we bypassed the battery." Steve says. "We did. It's still plugged in, it just... it just stopped." Rhodey explains. "Reboot and send the signal again." Steve orders Bruce. Bruce looks at Steve "We don't even know what this is." he says. Thalia decides to speak up "Fury did. Just do it, please." while looking at Bruce.

"You tell me the second you get a signal. I want to know who's on the other end of that thing." Rhodey orders not knowing what he should expect from the device. Natasha and Thalia turn around to walk away to deal with other problems. A small smile appears on Thalia face she finds herself face to face with Carol, happy to see that she's unharmed. Carol loosens up the moment she sees that Thalia is alright but putted quickly serious expression on her face knowing that the other woman didn't tell her teammates about her. "Where's Fury?" Carol says, a serious expression on her face.