14

Thalia's POV

The door opens revealing Yon-Rogg and his team. "Fraternizing with the enemy?" He asks while looking at Carol who is still standing at the pinball machine. Fury draws his gun first but puts it quickly down after Minn-Erva points her gun towards him. I try find a way to take all of them out but there's a chance that I might fail. I can easily take the 3 Kree's who are standing behind Minn-Erva out, because they look rather nervous. Minn-Erva and Yonn-Rogg are not that easy. The chance that they might shoot somebody is high once I try something. So, I decide to keep my gun low but my hand still on it.

I tense up once I see Yon-Rogg walk towards Carol while he throws Goose on the ground. Maria is behind me while the Kree's are surrounding us. "What did you do to your uniform?" Yon-Rogg asks Carol. "They got in her head. Just like we thought." Minn-Erva says. "The Supreme Intelligence will set her straight." Another kree responds. Talos decides to speak up "You can see they're not soldiers, let them go. You can have me." Yon-Rogg looks at him "And the core?" "You lied to me." Carol says with anger clear in her voice. "I made you a better version of yourself. What's given can be taken away."

Carol tries to light up her fists but they just spark uselessly before eventually dying out. Carol runs too Yon-Rogg and tries to fight him. I try to think a way to help Carol but with the Kree's around me, it will not be so simple. Carol and Yon-Rogg are still fighting and the rest of the Kree's are fighting and capturing the skrulls. I look back at Carol and see her falling to the ground. I try to run to her but I get quickly pushed back by one of the Kree's.

Carol POV

I wake up and see the Supreme Intelligence. "There she is." The Intelligence says talking about DR. Lawson who I can see on a record. "Seems like you time on C-53 jogged the old memory. This jacket? It's killer by the way." She continues before standing up and starts dancing to the music. "The music, it's a nice touch." She speaks up. "Let... me... out." I say, no emotion hearable in my voice. "No can do." She responses after she stops dancing. "If you hurt them. If you hurt her. I will burn you to the ground." I threated. "With what exactly? Your powers came from us." She says looking at me. "You didn't give me these powers. The blast did." I respond to her. "And yet, you've never had the strength to control them on your own."

I try to blast the Supreme Intelligence with my energy blast, but when I try the Supreme Intelligence snaps her fingers and the energy disappears

"You did good. Thanks to you, those insidious shapeshifters will threaten our borders no more." The Intelligence says. "I used to believe your lies. But the Skrulls are just fighting for a home. You're talking about destroying them because they won't submit to your rule. And neither will I." I respond. "We found you. We embraced you as our own." She says while she looks towards me. "You stole me. From my home, my family, my friends." I speak.

I run forward and jump to punch the Intelligence however, when I want to punch her, my hand travels right through her skull. Lawson then throws me into a wall, leaving me hanging sideways. "It's cute how hard you try. Remember... without us...you're weak. The intelligence says. I stand back up and push myself behind the wall. "You're flawed. Helpless. We saved you." The screen Carol's failures continue to play "Without us... you're only human." The intelligence continues.

"You're right. I'm only human." I answer. "On Hala, you were reborn. Vers." She says "My name... is Carol." I say while a tear falls on my cheek. I shoot a blast towards Lawson and try to escape.

Thalia's POV

The Kree is surrounding us while they scan Goose. "Species: Flerken. Threat: High." The scanner says. "It's a cat. Not Hannibal Lecter." Fury comments. They Kree soldier moves over to Fury and scans him. "Species: Human male. Threat: Low to none." The scanner says again. A Kree soldier pulls me away from the group of skrulls I was standing with and scans me as well. "Human, female. Threat: Low to none." The scanner repeats. "You wanna find out how much of a threat I am?" I ask while I raise my arm and shoot a widow's bite to a soldier. The Kree all raise their gun at me but I quickly wave them off and go back to my place while the soldier lays on the ground in pain. "Load the Flerken onto the heli. Take the girls braclet or somthing and eject her and the others into space." Minn-Erva orders the rest of the Kree soldiers that are standing around us.

I see Carol running towards us with the Tesseract in the lunchbox that she is carrying. "You know you're glowing, right?" Fury asks Vers. "I'll explain it later." Carol says while she opens the lunch box to reveal the Tesseract glowing inside. "Take the Tesseract, leave the lunchbox." Carol orders me. "You want me to hold that? Are you crazy?" I ask her. "First of all, yes you need to hold it. And second, I'm not crazy, just unique." She answers me. "Well, I'm not touching that thing." I speak. "Want me to get you an oven mitt?" Carol replies with a smirk written on her face.

Suddenly Goose, who is just lurched himself out of Fury's arms, opens his mouth and tentacles emerge from inside Goose's mouth. Goose picks up the Tesseract from the lunchbox and swallows it whole before returning back to a normal cat. "Get the Skrulls in the QuadJet and go. Take the Flerken with you" Carol orders us, like nothing happened before.

"What about you?" Maria questions. "I'll buy you some time." Carol says confidently. "Okay, I'm picking you up now. I'm trusting you not to eat me." Fury says to Goose while he picks the cat up. Fury and Maria ran away while I turn my back to Carol to follow them. But I have to turn back around when I feel a hand on my wrist. "Please be careful. The Kree is really dangerous." Carol says with a little smile. "I'm a Black Widow. I know how to take care of myself." I reply. I feel Carol's lips on mine before she pulls away and runs towards her former teammates.

I finally catch up with Maria and Fury but have to quickly stop running because of the Kree soldiers who are standing with their back to me. I see Maria picks up a gun and fires until Goose opens his mouth and the tentacles take the Kree soldiers, beat them up and swallowed them. "Okay." Maria says. "Good kitty." Fury compliments Goose.

I standing next to Maria and Fury when other soldiers run in to attack us. "Now! Come on! Do your thing." Fury says while he stretches his arms out and pointing Goose towards the soldiers. "Come on!" He says  "Dammit, Goose. Pick a side." I say after Goose decided to walk over to the soldiers instead of eating them.

"Take them to the hangar too. We'll blast them all into space." A Kree soldier says. "Play it cool. Just like Havana. Do you have the thing?" Talos asks me. "Flerken kitty ate it. A little bit ago." I answer. "Come on. Move. Move!" The Kree soldier shouts. "Follow my lead. Cover her eyes." He whispers to us and then his wife. He shoots the four guards escorting the Skrulls onto the ship, causing a distraction. "Get on the ship. Let's go, let's go." He orders everyone.

When the rest of the Kree found out we were trying to escape, they all decided to show up. Maria, Fury and most of the skrulls are already on the ship while I am helping a little skrull on the ship. Talos is walking behind me when I hear somebody scream. I look to were the sound came from and see Talos falling over in pain. "Maria, do you know if Carol is nearby?" I ask in a hurry. "I haven't seen her." She replies. "Alright, let's move on then. She will catch up with us." I speak up.