Chapter Two

"Yes, yes

"Yes, yes. I'll marry you!" I answer, happy tears leaking from my eyes, emotions clogging my throat as his bright blue orbs shimmer with tears. A radiant smile curls his lips as he slides the ring on my shaky finger.

He engulfs me in a warm embrace, twirling me around the empty area. "I love you," he says, peppering kisses all over my face as he lowers me to the ground. "I can't believe you said yes!"

Our gazes connect as my body slides down his, my feet landing firmly on the floor. My body vibrates with want but I know we can't give in to our animalistic, ravenous desires. We need to meet his mother – what a mood killer.

"I've been wanting to propose for months," he whispers, cupping my face. He captures my lips, weaving his fingers through my hair.

Our tongues connect in an agonizing, torturing, passionate motion sending an inferno racing through my body.

He deepens the kiss, sliding his hand down my back, pressing my body closer to his. His fingers digging into the small of back elicits a guttural moan to erupt from deep within as my coochie pleads and throbs with rampant desire.

As much as my body demands we take this further, we can't. "Justin," I say breathlessly once I'm able to abruptly end our kiss. "What about your mom?"

"What about her?"

"Aren't we supposed to meet her? You know she doesn't like to be kept waiting."

"Oh," his melodious chuckle fills the quiet space as he takes a step back. "It was never my intention to have dinner with my mom," he takes another step back out of the glow of the small overhead light and into the darkness. "This was my plan all along."

The light turns off, engulfing me in darkness. "Justin," I say, my eyes trying to adjust. Small flecks of different colored lights – I have no idea how else to describe it – dance in my vision.

"I want you all to myself tonight. In our house," he whispers huskily.

"Our house?"

"This house is ours." I hear the stroke of a match before an orange glow illuminates his striking features. He drops the match into what I'm hoping is a fireplace or else we're fucked and the man I thought I knew just proposed to me so he can burn us alive, together.

If I can't have you, no one can. Comes to mind but that would be absurdly psychotic, no?

On the bright side, he dropped the match into a fireplace. There's no reason to think the worst as the room lights up in an orange glow. Just my lunatic mind, ignore me.

A bottle of champagne rests in a bucket of ice on a small wooden table next to pillows and blankets with two champagne flutes and red rose petals.

"You did all this?"

"I'd do anything for you, my love."

And that's all it takes for me to jump in his arms like a rabid animal, smashing my lips against his to satiate the desire spiraling out of control.