Chapter Twenty-One

I'm crazy and delusional

I'm off my damn rockers crazy.

I'm delusionally crazy!

I seriously need to be institutionalized. I'm not even joking anymore.

Not that it's anything to joke about. Mental health is important and there's no shame seeking professional help. Whether it's in the form of a psychologist in an institution for a number of days or an office where you schedule an appointment once a week.

I'll reiterate, mental health is important and in the last week I haven't taken care of mine.

I've neglected my psychological health. I've allowed guilt and overthinking to wrack absolute mayhem on my sanity.

I'm fucking senile. I must be. There's no way in hell I'm not in love with this generous, gorgeous, handsome man with the kindest soul.

There's just no way.

I love him and I'm in love with him. I have been since five years ago.

"You must be Telana, the photographer," a smooth, silky voice penetrates my ears above the unnecessary loud music as the first model comes out.

I don't glance at the man to my right, but I smell him. A clean woodsy scent fills my nose, but I refrain from acknowledging the intoxicating smelling man next to me. I have to. Men only mean one thing.

Drama.

Let's rather make it two things.

Drama and trouble.

Men only bring drama and trouble into your life. They make it irresistible to fall in love with them and their undeserved charm. Once you love them, they drop you flat on your fucking face.

No thank you.

I don't need that shit in my life.

I keep my gaze locked on the model with a straight face, hand on her hip covered in a simple white dress flowing seamlessly down her slender frame.

Nadia elbows me when I remain silent, her eyes darting to my right and back to me. "Talk to him," she whispers in my ear. "He's hot."

I shake my head no and she pinches me in return, motioning violently with her head to my right. The glare I'm shooting her doesn't faze her as she smiles.

With an exasperated sigh and a stiff smile, I respond, "tonight, I'm just Telana."

"I didn't mean for the show," his enchanting chuckle fuels my curiosity, drawing my gaze to him. I gulp at his enthralling eyes piercing mine. The bluest, kindest, most honest eyes I've ever seen.

Pssh, drama and trouble. What drama and trouble? I don't know what I was talking about. Clearly.

A boyish grin displaying his perfectly white straight teeth decorates his handsome face, highlighting his sharp jawline hidden below a neatly trimmed beard.