Chapter Twenty-Six

I stand at the foot of his bed like a creeper watching him sleep like an obsessed stalker

A sliver of sunlight trickles in through the gap in the curtain dancing across his angelic face. The sun illuminates his dark blond hair, giving the strands a golden hue. I've never wanted to run my fingers through someone's hair so badly before until now.

The covers shift on top of him with his movements, slipping lower down his body and bunching around his hips. My tongue darts out, wetting my lips in response to my eyes feasting on his abs.

His bare chest rises and falls in a steady rhythm as soft snores emit through his parted pillowy lips.

A small smile tugs at the corners of my lips as I push away the guilt and regret beginning to blossom inside my chest.

I never intended to spew my guts and confess I still love him. I had no such plan in place, but if I did. I know it wouldn't have gone like that.

I wanted to end things with Justin before I even considered telling Alec anything. I wanted to do things the right way. I guess things never go according to plan and the hole I'm fighting to climb out of is getting deeper and more slippery. I just want to get out.

I avert my gaze in search of my discarded clothes even though it's the hardest thing to do. I spot my pile of clothes in front of the ajar door. I move slowly, quietly towards it, not wanting to wake the gorgeous specimen sleeping soundly.

I gather my clothes in my hands, my phone landing with a soft thud as it drops from my pant leg and his soft snores seize. My eyes snap to his tanned muscular chest moving in the same hypnotic rhythm from my hunched over position.

I gather my clothes and my phone, straightening to my full height. My head tilts to the side, admiring his side profile.

The hard ridges of his abs, softens with every inhale. His body is mesmerizing – addicting. If his body were a prison cell, I'd commit countless horrendous crimes for multiple life sentences.

My gaze travels to his sharp jaw dusted with his orgasm-inducing stubble. His cheekbones are littered with the lightest freckles illuminated by the sunlight. His cute nose still has a bump in the ridge from when Dustin broke it.

I see a small, faded pimple above his perfect cupid's bow lips peeking through his fanny duster – his thigh buffer.

His stubble is really neither of those.

It did wonderous things to me last night. It aided in my satisfaction as it rubbed against the most sensitive part of me. The short hairs tickled nerve endings I never even knew existed. It brought my body to life in ways I crave again.

I swear this isn't all about the sex – it's an added bonus how glorious he is in the sack. It's more than lust and wanting him based on his looks and skills.