Chapter Eleven

I attempt to ignore my skin being set ablaze by Alec's longing gaze

I try to force away my growing arousal and walk into his mama's bar. Ignoring the palpitations of my heart as I long to kiss him again.

I still feel his soft lips and tongue against mine as our gazes connect, sending an electrical current surging between us.

My body vibrates with perilous, iniquitous desire. My skin prickles with anticipation and need. My heart beats wildly with unholy emotions as it sinks with the weight of my betrayal and deceit.

And yet I still find myself wanting to kiss him again and again and again.

I crave to feel his touch against my skin, to feel his lips against mine.

I so desperately want to drive to the house we once shared and listen to him talk about his life in the last seven years. I want to hear the melody of his deep, husky voice until the early hours of the morning.

I know I shouldn't feel this way. I know it's forbidden but I can't help it. Even with the guilt battling for dominance.

My body is yearning for the wrong man and I'm going to burn in the hellfire surrounding me.

"No fucking way!" A familiar voice exclaims, extinguishing the rapidly burning wildfire encapsulating me. "Telana?" He gets to his feet, his sapphire blue eyes widening in disbelief. Contagious happiness radiates off of him in waves.

"Oh, my God, Asher?" I laugh, staying rooted in the doorway of the bar as I hand my Toothless teddy to Alec.

"Come 'ere," he takes three long strides, engulfing me and my feet lift off the ground.

He puts me down, a radiant smile adorning his thin, pink lips.

"You haven't changed one bit," I ruffle his dark brunette hair.

"Why change perfection?" He runs his hands down his muscular body, a cocky grin dancing across his chiseled face.

"Move out the way," Kaden pushes Asher aside, wrapping me up in a warm embrace. "Good to see ya again, Tel."

"Same," I smile warmly. "Y'all are looking good."

Asher and Kaden Turner are the only identical twins I've ever met. There are some mild differences between them like Asher's jawline is sharper than Kaden's, Asher's cheeks are more defined than Kaden's and Kaden's lips are fuller than Asher's.

Other than that, they're identical but they're polar opposites when it comes to their personalities. Asher is by far the rowdiest and most childish in the best of ways. At least, he used to be. I'm not sure about now.

Kaden is the more reserved, broody type, waiting for princess charming to sweep him off his feet but it seems she's already swept him off his feet as a gold band sits snuggly around his left ring finger.