Chapter Five

I always wondered what it would be like

To see her again. To inhale her intoxicating scent of wild berries with a hint of chocolate.

I tried to imagine what it would be like to have her an arm width away. All I needed to do was reach out and touch her. Feel her soft skin against my calloused palms. To taste her sweetness. Catapulting myself into my addiction that is her and exploring all that I've missed. All that I've been aching for, longing for.

All I needed was to capture her soft lips and explore every ounce of alluring perfection she has to offer.

Lastly, all I really need is for her to look at me like I'm the man she loves. All I really need is her arms wrapped firmly around me - she gave the best fucking hugs. I'm sure she still does.

But my imagination was - is - wilder than I could have ever anticipated.

Touching her, tasting her, kissing her, holding her is forbidden.

Nefarious.

She belongs to another.

FUCK!

My wife belongs to another man!

My. Fucking. Wife.

"Telana, as in your wife Telana?" Dale Smith asks, quirking a surprised red brow. "The same girl that ran drunk and naked down the street in front of the police Chief on a dare?" He asks, chuckling.

I glare at him, remembering the time when we were sixteen and we all participated in underage drinking.

Some hot shot thought it best we play truth or dare and Lana being the wild firecracker, she chose dare. Some random hoity toity bitch had it out for Lana and dared her to do dumb shit which would get her arrested.

What bitch tits failed to remember is Lana knew these streets better than the fucking Chief.

I chuckle, remembering the astonishment on the Chief's face as we watched him. "Chief Wilson was so confused."

"Telana always confuckulated him," Dale chortles, taking a swig of his beer.

"She has that effect on people or she used to," I mumble before chugging my beer.

"How are you holding up?"

"I'm good," I lie, taking the last beer out of my fridge.

"She's moved on, man. Is she even aware of everything you've done to win her back?" He asks, running a nonchalant hand through his red curls.

"Fuck, it doesn't matter, and she'll never find out. Got it?"

"Got it," he raises his hands in surrender. "I'm not the one you should be worried about," he snorts, pointing at his gold wedding band.

"I never even thought of that. I forgot Sarah-Lynne and Telana were as thick as thieves," I sigh, practically inhaling my beer. "I need something stronger," I drop my empty bottle in the trash and grab my truck's keys.