Chapter Fourteen

Jesus, take the wheel

Take the wheel and guide me. Guide me away from this man instead of towards him.

Guide me away from this room. With my head held high and my dignity intact.

Force my legs to move and my mouth to work. Not work as in have my lips wrapped around his cock. But work as in to produce words to get me out of this situation.

Lead me away from temptation and out of this house. Lead me into the nearest church where I can douse my brain and body in holy water vanquishing the unholy thoughts and feelings. Vanquishing the spirit, Jezebel, possessing me.

Take me away from the temptation behind me before I create an act of betrayal far worse than I already have.

"I-I," I stammer. "I'll, um, I'll wait for you in the living room," I force my legs to carry me away from Alec's naked perfection.

I gulp, loudly, when I peer over my shoulder at his defined back.

No.

Keep walkin.

Don't look back, Telana.

Fuck my life.

This man's changed.

His body is more defined, muscular, and toned than I remember.

The years have most certainly been kind to him. I can't deny that but that's not what I came here for.

I didn't come to ogle at my soon to be ex-husband. I came to talk. To have an innocent conversation which doesn't involve my skanky kitty.

I came to sit down with my past. That's the only way to move on.

"Ugh," I groan, plopping onto the sofa and burying my face in my hands. "Stupid, stupid, stupid," I mutter, my voice muffled by my palms.

"You ain't stupid, Telana. You just never bothered to learn the difference between come in and coming. It's almost like you wanted to walk in on me naked. You wanted this to happen so you can catch a good ol' peep," I hear the taunting and teasing in his deep husky voice.

I must not react. It's what he wants. I just know it. "Like I was supposed to know you're naked," I deadpan. What did we just say about reacting? Oi. I give up with you. I say one thing and you do the exact opposite.

"You secretly hoped for it, didn't ya?" I look up, sending him a glare and he winks in return.

"No," I huff. "Why'd I hope to catch you naked? Been there, done that. Nothing I haven't seen before," I retort with faux boredom.

"Is that so?" He walks towards me, and I struggle to tear my gaze away from his shirtless torso. My mind goes to places it shouldn't as I see the outline of his erection through his grey sweats.