Chapter Three

By the time Natasha woke Kai up, Loki was already in the cell, and Tony and Bruce were in the lab doing research. Kai wasn't exactly sure what they were doing, but she really didn't care. As long as whatever they were doing could help her find her father and save him.

She seen a blonde man walking around with long hair, one she hadn't met yet. Judging by the way he was dressed though, she had a feeling he was another god like Loki. Looking over at Maria, the woman mouthed "Thor," so Kai would know who the blonde haired man was.

"I'm going to sit in here and read, let me know if they find anything on Dad." Kai told Natasha, and the woman nodded.

Kai sat alone, reading from the book that she had opened earlier. Natasha had watched her for a moment, before she entered the lab. Maria stayed watching the girl, making sure she didn't spiral all of a sudden from emotions or pressure.

Her calming read didn't last long, before she was julted out of her seat. When she was thrown from her seat, her head hit the table, causing her to groan. She forced herself up off of the ground and placed her book on the table. Feeling her forehead, when sighed in relief when she realized her head wasn't bleeding, there was just a bump on her head.

Kai quickly ran towards the lab to find her aunt Nat, only to run into Steve and Tony.

"What's going on?" She asked, causing them to pause in their step for a moment.

"Loki's team is attacking." Steve answered, causing Kai's eyes to widen.

"My Dad, is he here?" She asked, making the men sigh.

"There's a possibility," Tony answered, and before she could run off, he grabbed her arm,"Kai, I think it's best if you follow me, instead of trying to find your‐-" He was saying, before she pulled away from him and ran off,"father..." He trailed off with a sigh.

Kai went running straight to the room where she had stayed and quickly pulled on her combat outfit and grabbed her weapons.

The moment she was ready, the girl went running down the hall to find her father

The moment she was ready, the girl went running down the hall to find her father. She ran into a couple of Loki's agents, and she took them down with only a few swings of her fists or feet. By the time she got down to another level, she ran into her Aunt Nat. Natasha had an unconscious Clint with her; his arm slung over her shoulder as she dragged him beside her.

Kai ran over and grabbed his other arm, slinging it over her shoulders. Having her father beside her made her breathe a breath of relief. He was alive, and he seemed fine, other than whatever Natasha had did to him to knock him out. Once he was in the medical room, Kai pulled her Aunt Nat out of the room.

"Was he himself?" Kai asked, causing Natasha to shake her head.

"No, and he fought pretty damn hard; luckily I was stronger. I knocked him out, but before I did he said my name, and yours." Natasha replied, making Kai sigh.

"So there's a chance he's back to normal?" Kai asked, and Natasha nodded.

"Yes, but probably with a nasty headache." She answered, causing Kai to chuckle.

Kai and Natasha walked back into the room right about the time Clint had woken up. Natasha grabbed Kai and held her close, until she was sure that Clint was himself again. As soon as she was sure, Natasha let go of Kai, and Kai ran over to Clint and wrapped her arms around Clint's neck.

"I'm so glad you're okay." Kai murmured, and Clint sighed, hugging his daughter tight.

"I'll always be okay, especially when you're there to have mine and Nat's backs." Clint replied, kissing the side of her head.

"I love you, Dad. Don't go getting grabbed by another evil god again." She said, causing him to laugh.

"I love you, too, and I don't plan on being grabbed by another god anytime soon." He answered, as Natasha listened with a smile.

Kai and Natasha sat with Clint, but Kai stayed quiet as Natasha and Clint had a somewhat deep conversation. Clint was worried about everyone he hurt, but Natasha told him not to blame himself. Kai simply stayed leaning against her father's side, enjoying the feeling of his arm around her shoulders for comfort.

Soon, Steve came into the room, cutting off their conversation. He asked Natasha and Kai if they were ready to fight Loki and his army in New York, and after getting confirmation from them and Clint, the man waited for the three to be ready before they'd climb on a jet and head to New York.

"We better win this, Cap, otherwise there won't be a home to return to." Tony commented, and Steve nodded.

"At least if we lose, we'll all die together." Kai joked, though her comment was quiet, and nobody really heard her.

"Don't say stuff like that, Kai, you might jinx us." Natasha retorted, making Kai roll her eyes playfully at her aunt.

"Well, we already lost Thor's brother and Bruce, what else do we really have going for us?" She asked, raising an eyebrow at Natasha.

"I'm Iron Man," Tony said,"or did we forget that part?" He snarked, causing the girl to sigh.

"Great, a giant man child with a superiority complex is going to save us all with his shiny suit." She retorted, causing Clint, Natasha, and Steve to laugh.

Tony rolled his eyes, but he did smirk at the girl's wit. She was smart, and he could tell that he wouldn't hate being left with only her to talk to if he had to be left with any of the team. Steve soon ruined the fun though, when he told everyone to get serious. Kai wasn't always the serious type, but when she had to be, she was...

×××××××××××××××××

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter. Sorry for such a long wait, but I changed what I wanted to happen in this story. So, I will be updating until I finish this story, and there'll probably be a Book Two later. If you don't like her outfit, it will be changed later when she gets into AOU.

Love you guys!

Vote
Comment
Share&
Follow!

- Youngblood Xxx