Misinformed

Joe and Taylor were at Paula's for dinner tonight. They were waiting for her new boyfriend Sam to get here before they ate.

"Guy's 10 minutes late I don't like him." Joe said looking across the table at his mom. She cocked her head and Taylor hit his leg under the table to stop.

"He said he was on his way, probably just hit traffic."

"Mhm." Joe said taking a drink.

"So tell me my son is better at cleaning up after himself then he was when he was living at home?" Paula turned her attention to Taylor and changed the conversation topic.

"Really?" Joe didn't like her calling him out.

"Ha, he's pretty good!" Taylor answered making eyes at Joe not knowing if she should elaborate, which she did.

"Except for dishes...he likes to let them party in the sink all night." Taylor said laughing.

"Oh c'mon Joe." Paula cocked her head at him.

"Hey when I lived alone my place was clean, I just didn't get around to the dishes sometimes. Everything else was good." He defended. They laughed, and then the front door opened and shut.

"Hey sorry." A man's voice called out. Paula got up to greet him, they shared a hug and kiss, he definitely grabbed her butt when they let go too. Joe was quick to observe everything about Sam. He had a mix of brown and grey hair, 6 foot tall, around 220 lbs, brown eyes and a tattoo on his right hand.

"This is my son Joe and his girlfriend Taylor." Paula introduced. Joe got up and shook his hand before he sat down.

"Nice to finally meet you." Sam said. Joe nodded and they sat back down to eat.

The dinner went well, Sam was a decent guy, Joe couldn't find anything he didn't like yet, other then him being late. They hung out for a little after dinner before they headed home.

"How long do you think she's been seeing him?" Taylor asked on the car ride home.

"Not sure, I should've asked. Probably a couple months."

"But she didn't tell you until now?" She asked.

"That's always how it was."

"Oh. Well I don't think it's been that long."

"What makes you say that?" He wondered.

"Because when we were cleaning up from dinner he didn't know which cabinet the plates and bowls were kept in." She explained.

"Really?" Joe asked and she shook her head no.

"You know that's pretty impressive, you could be a detective." He said laughing. She shrugged and smiled.

"Speaking of...hey! Getting some late night donuts and coffee I see!?" Joe yelled out the window at a male and female officer who were walking out of a coffee shop in uniform.

"Ha! Hey!"

"Screw you!" They both yelled laughing. Joe laughed and kept driving.

"That was Jordan and Trent." He told her.

"The same Jordan...?"

"Yeah the same one who car pulls with me sometimes." He said.

"Oh okay." Taylor turned quiet, they were going to be home in a minute.

"Wanna get out awhile before I park?" He asked as they approached the parking garage.

"Sure." He stopped the car and she got out to head in awhile.

When Joe got in he found her in the office.