Code Blue

Saturday February 4th 2022

It was around 9pm, Joe and Taylor were both relaxing in the living room doing there own things. Joe worked today and Taylor spent the day grocery shopping and deep cleaning the apartment.

"This is so dumb!" She slams her laptop shut and tossed it on the couch beside her.

"What?" Joe wonders and pauses the show he was watching.

"Every god damn venue I look at needs a down payment of like 4,000 fucking dollars." She shouts angrily and gets up to go pour another glass of wine.

Joe rubs the back of his neck. This has been the only thing on her mind lately and he was already sick of it. While he was glad she came around to having a small traditional wedding, this planning was not for either of them. She gets too pissed off about the cost of things and Joe doesn't care much. He knows they're expensive and it's just one of those things you come to terms with in life.

"Okay well then how much more do you pay?" He wonders.

"I don't know! But it's like $60 a person for the meal they provide!"

"Damn." He says.

"Fuck it. I'll just settle for the church wedding and skip the reception part." She states, throwing the now empty bottle of wine in the trash before coming back to the couch.

"Oh c'mon Tay, the reception's the fun part. Don't be like that." He says playful, trying to lighten her mood.

"Well you can't have a reception without a wedding!" She tells him as if he didn't know.

"You don't have to yell at me, I'm just trying to help." He argues as nice as he can back.

"You wanna help? Fine. You plan it then." She took her laptop and got up to drop it on Joes lap before leaving the living room.

"Babe." He says calmly.

"I'm not blowing thousands of dollars on things I don't even care about or want! I've been saving everything I earn to put towards something I really want. Which is children! So if you want a big grand wedding so damn bad you can pay for it!" She shouted.

"Taylor once were married we'll have a joint bank account anyway, it doesn't matter in the long run." He points out.

"Well until that happens it matters to me." She said and walked off to go to bed for the night.

"Babe seriously?" He called out but she didn't stop. Joe sighed and took a drink, no way he was planning their entire wedding. Maybe she needed to reach out to Eddie, Erin and his mom for their help.

The next day at family dinner everything was going well until the family decided to pull a code blue on not just Taylor but Joe too. He'd never been apart of one so he got the privilege of the full experience as well.

"You guys pick a date yet?" Danny started it off.

"No we-" Taylor said but got cut off by Eddie.

"Better pick one and pencil it in, everything around here goes fast." She told them sipping her water.

"Yeah we've learned that." Joe states.

"Just don't pick the winter time, it's too cold." Henry says.

"Agreed, besides you don't want to ruin you're dress that you spend a couple grand on." Erin states.

"A couple grand?" Taylor's eye widen.

"You might wanna wait at least a couple months though so that your flower girl is a little older." Eddie said rubbing her belly, insinuating it would be her baby. She's due this week with their daughter.