Chapter 8- Guilt

After crying for what seems like forever,I compose myself. "Thank you for the truth,but why didn't I ever met you or Damon,why didn't my parents ever tell me?",I say with hurt and curiosity.

"You never met Damon or me,because we didn't want to endanger you,neither we wanted to draw attention to us. Many people know how I look but not Damon, Roberto and me made sure to hide our children from anyone knowing about you'll. Everyone knows my son runs the Mafia,they just don't know how he looks. As for your parents telling you,you were too young,they don't want to pressure you with anything related to the Mafia world.

Oliva was going to tell you as soon as you were done with your studies even though your father taught you more than any university can ever teach you",Mason states calmly with a hint of sadness.

I feel Damon's hand still around me as I nod. "Sophia,we were going to tell you eventually,we just knew how much you went through this past year,after your parents died,I made it my duty,to watch over you and your family,Damon knew about you,he just didn't know you",he says.

"Thank you for looking after me and my family and thank you for the truth,I think I need to rest now",before they could say anything,I wake up and walk out.

Damon POV

"Fuck,she wasn't supposed to find out like this,dad. I was suppose to tell her myself in due time",I say with anger and hurt. Why am I hurt? Why looking at her breakdown,makes me feel sad? I push my thoughts aside.

"She needed to find out at some point,son,if not now then eventually she would have",he says without even looking at me. His feeling guilty too,as the ex Mafia leader he took all the blame for losing the 3 people we loved so much. He has never been the same,his been distant and most importantly always angry.

Before saying anything,he wakes up and walks out. I sit back down on the couch. Xavier would pay for this for hurting dad and especially hurting Sophia. She didn't deserve to be part of this world. I can't help but feel responsible for her tears today. I walk up to pour myself a drink before I go to see if she's fine. I sit back down. Will she stay here? Will she continue being part of us? If she decides to leave I won't be able to stop here,she doesn't need this right now or ever.

I walk to the room half expecting her to say she's leaving. I open the door to see her sleeping,she looks like an angel on my bed. If I could,I would hold her but I promised to not touch her unless she says yes. I change into sweat pants and lay on the bed watching her sleep,drifting off to sleep while thinking of the events that took place earlier earlier....

What will her decision be?? Will she stay? Why is Damon feeling this way?? Thoughts?