Chapter 45- Mafia Queen

Damon was in surgery as I sat there looking at the blood on my hands and dress. My mom tries to comfort me but all I can think about is what Damon and that message. Who did this??

Antonio wiggles out of Alesandro's grip and runs towards me. "Mama",he looks at me about to cry. I picked him up and held him tight. "He needs his father. I need Damon. The Mafia needs Damon. He can't give up on us",I scream. Everyone looks at me. The doors open and I stand up.

I look at the doctor. "I'm sorry,Mrs Russo but the bullet pierced his heart and there's nothing else we could do. The damage was too severe",he explains. Mason takes out his gun and aims it at the doctor. He starts screaming but I hear nothing. All I can hear is,my body collapsing to the ground. Antonio screaming. My mom bending down to hold me. My world comes crashing down. Everything is gone.

I think hours go by with me on the floor,grieving for the one man that has always been there and now his gone. He promised forever and his gone. My mind travels to the message.

That bastard will die. I stand up and wipe my tears. Everyone looks at me wandering what am I going to do. "Dante,Matteo,take my phone and track this message to a location. I want that bastard found. I want to know who it is and why",I command. They nod and walk away.

Hours pass,we went home and I was stuck in the office with everyone and commanding orders. "We got him,the assassin is at the base in the cell",Dante said.

Mason,Matteo,Dante and I went to the base to question him. After hours of torturing. "Dillon! Xavier's brother",he spat out. "He never had a brother",I shout. Dante leaves the cell. The assassin goes quiet and looks down. Dante walks in. "I got it,years ago when your dad was second in command,he wanted to get Xavier's weakness and so he started looking into his family members. He did have a brother but,after some time he disappeared from all history,we thought he died but apparently not",Dante explains.

"I didn't want to do this,I wad forced,he has my family,he is in the abandoned warehouse near the docks",the assassin explains. "Assassins usual don't disclose information so fast so why?",Matteo asked.

"I worked for King,a few years back. I left because I didn't want to do anything with this life anymore. I told King this and he left me go,I was one of his trusted assassins. No one knew about me,he never disclosed his assassins to anyone. 2 months back,Dillon came to me and threatened me that if I don't kill Damon,my family will die. I found out as much as I could about Dillon. His name was said by one of his close men that I killed afterwards,I tried alerting King but Dillon tracked every movement of mine",he explained.

"Let's go",I told Dante. Dante took out his phone and immediately arranged for the Italian fleet to meet at the warehouse. We entered the warehouse and there was gunshots and a war zone. Our fleet took care of the men. I open the door with men all around me and there was Dillon. "Dillon Smith",I said. "You know him",Dante asked. "He was my ex boyfriend",I explained. "It's actually Dillon Petrov",he corrects me. "I see that you got me and wiped my men out,I knew I couldn't outrun you,but I need to take everything away from you. You left me,heartbroken,killed me brother. I wasn't even interested in this Mafia nonsense until I found out,you were involved with Damon so I took the one thing that I knew would ruin you. I first decided to take your which was 2 months ago but Damon entered and saved you'll,so I made an alternative plan,to kill Damon and I did.",he explains standing up.

Emotions flood through me and I take the gun from my waistband and shoot his knees. "Take him to the cell",I demand. Evergone leaves except Dante.

"Sophia,when Damon first met you,he knew he wanted you,after he left to fake his death,he realised that you the only one who could handle this Mafia and so he gave me this,and said that if anything ever happened to him,I should give you this. Dante hands me an envelope.

I take it and open. A locket falls out. I open it and it's written,"mia regina". I hold the locket and open the letter. It's Damon's handwriting:

Sophia,if you have this right now then I'm gone. I'm sorry. I don't know the circumstances that caused me to leave you but I'm sorry. The day I layed my eyes on you in that alley way,I felt a emotion awaken. I felt the need to protect you. I need you more than you need me. We a force that can't separate us but I know that after death,we will reunite,probably in hell but your place will always be by my side as Mia Regina. I love you. You brought the good in me that I never knew that I needed. So thank you for being by my side. When I had to fake my death and leave you,you rose above it and took control. From that day I knew that if anything happens to me,you has to be the one who takes over the Mafia and so Mia Regina,take that control,guide the Mafia till we meet again...

Let the reign of the Mafia Queen begin...

I wake up from the floor as I collapsed. Compose myself. Put the necklace on. You the one who needs to protect this family. Damon will always be in my heart and my soul but until I see him again I'm going make him proud and most importantly see him through our son until he becomes of age to take his father's place and the Mafia King,till then,I am the Mafia Queen...

So I know you'll probably hate me but it's okay😪. Thank you for reading Mafia Queen. Thank you for your support. Keep voting and commenting.

I might start another book but it's not going to be related to Mafia Queen. Let me know what you'll think.❤️