Chapter 21- Worry

Damon POV

A shootout was going on. Sophia was a couple feet from me but still in my eye view. I saw the hacker getting shot and falling to the ground,well he needed to die anyway,he held to much information. In the corner of my eye I see Sophia lowering her gun,I turn to see why she did that and my eyes could have popped out of it's sockets. It's Roberto and Oliva,before I could think anything Roberto picks up his gun shooting it right through Sophia's chest cause her to fall,while they get away. I catch her just in time,making sure she stays awake. I can't lose her too. There's a weird pain in my chest,I'm not hurt but it hurts and with that I feel my eyes tearing up. I scream for Dante and see him running towards us while Matteo covers us. In that moment and I realize how much I love her and say it to her not knowing if she heard it or not.

I'm snapped out of my thoughts,when the doctor comes out of surgery. I stand up. "She's stable now,it passed near her heart but didn't pierce it",he says hesitantly. Probably from the threat I gave him when we brought her in. I smirk at the thought of my threat.

I have men surrounding the hospital,so no one comes near Sophia without me knowing about it. Dante,Matteo and me enter the room,there she lays unconscious. I feel a rush of relief flood through me as I look at the angel laying in the bed...my angel. "So they alive?", dad says walking in. I turn and nod. I sit beside Sophia holding her hand waiting for her to wake up.

Dante and Matteo take seats on the couch while Dad takes a seat opposite me. "Is she fine?",he says looking at me with concern. "She's stable,dad. Just unconscious for now",I say holding her hand without my eyes leaving her face.

"We need to find them,dad. Xavier is behind this. They betrayed us. They have been alive but didn't return and now they show up and they shot their own daughter. Sophia said it was an ambush before we went in,I should have told her to stay back. Xavier planned this,his using them as pawns in his little game to destroy us. I failed to protect her",I say heartbroken.

"Son,you didn't know. Xavier does this and you know that. She is fine,she got hurt but she is fine. You were there by her side to save her from dying and that's more than I could do with your mother. We will find them and get the truth", he says sternly.

I break eye contact with Sophia and turn to Dante and Matteo. "I want them found,I want them brought to me before they can hurt anything. After I know the truth i will kill them without Sophia stopping me",I command them. They leave. Leaving Dad,Sophia and me.

Hours past. I pace up and down watching her thinking of all alternatives until I sit down by her side again. Dad left to help Dante and Matteo. Since I'm away,his King till I get back.

Sophia's hands move in my hand. I look up at her face when I see her eyes open. "Sophia",I say with emotions. "Damon",she says softly with a small smile. "I'm sorry I couldn't protect you",I say heartbroken.

"It wasn't your fault. Water?",she says. I hand her water. "How you feeling?",I ask. "Sore but I'm okay",she says. "There's something I need to tell you",she says softly. "Yes",I say wondering what could it be.

"I love you Damon",she says with a small smile. Just like that the events of today is taken off my mind as I say, "I love you too Sophia".

They confessed feelings!!!! But what about her parents? Why did they do this?? Any thoughts?