Chapter 44- Birthday

We walked into the office. Alesandro was behind me,while the assassins disappeared like they trained too.

"Mrs Russo",the receptionist says. "Angela will see you know",she says and we walk down the hall to her office. "Have a seat,Mrs Russo",she says. "Hello there,Antonio",she says cheerfully. "Okay so the final touches?",I ask. I have been planning this for the past 2 weeks because it's not everyday my baby turns 1.

"We got the hotel,which is the King Hotel,the decorations are up,invites were sent,last week and I think that's all",she concludes. "I actually came here as I want to go through the invitations,I don't want people that I know I didn't invite to create chaos on my baby's birthday",I inform. "Sure",she says. Damon wants all his business associates which mafias to meet Antonio,even though Xavier is gone,the threat remains. Angela goes through the guest list which probably has more than 500 names but not one name stood out. I nod.

"Thank you Angela",I say and walk out. Am I paranoid? Maybe but right now it's my baby's and husband's safety.

Time skip
The party.

Third POV

The party was taking place at the back of the hotel,with the pools,jumping castles,slides,etc for everyone to enjoy. We entered last. I held Antonio,who was wearing a baby tux,Damon wore his tux and his tie matched my dress which was royal blue.

It was an evening party. We entered and everyone clapped and cheered making way for us to the table with the cake. Our immediate family was seated in the front while round tables covered with white and blue cloths were in front of us.

Damon sat up and tapped the mic. Today is my son's first birthday. Antonio Russo,the heir to the Italian Mafia and most importantly,my son. Let's enjoy this day and celebrate it with respect and pride. Everyone clapped. The cake was brought in.

Everyone sang and wish Antonio. "What's wrong?",Damon asked Sophia. "Nothing",she said and smiled. He noticed her being nervous so he intertwined their fingers and carried on the cake blowing.

The children was playing with the jump castles. A few older than Antonio but since he was the Italian mafia's son,no one dared to lay a finger on him. Everyone played with him. Guards was around him. They were nannies seeing to the children. Damon and Sophia interacted with guests. Everything seemed perfect,but was it?

Sophia POV

Everything was going as planned but I couldn't help but have this annoying voice in my head,telling me to leave and go home. To spend the night with my family at home. I looked around to find Damon and saw him with my dad,Mason and a few other men talking. I think we should go. I was walking to Damon, when my phone vibrated. I took it out from my purse and saw a message from an unknown number saying:

This is for Xavier.

I looked up and Damon's dropped his glass. Everyone looked at him. Within seconds,he fell to his knees and blood was visible through his suit. Dante,Matteo and all the guards,started to find who shot the bullet. I ran to Damon's side. This can't be happening,not today. I pulled Damon to my lap. Trying to stop the blood from his chest.

"Don't you leave me,Damon.",I said,tears streaming down my face as I tried to stop the blood. "Someone get an ambulance right now", I screamed. "Sophia,listen to me",he pleaded. "I love you and I think I pulled death long enough,I never regretted anything,I never regretted us,you the most beautiful thing that ever happened to me,i will forever love you,all this is yours and Antonio's.",he says. "No you are not leaving Damon. Not again.",I said with tears streaming down. Without a second thought,I smashed my lips to his. The ambulance came and took him as I sit with him.

How did this turn around within minutes?!

Okay sooo? Will he survive? Thoughts??