4 Colby's POV

"Yo, Sam! What time are you and Kat planning on showing up to Brennen's Going Away party for us?" I yelled out the back door. We had been living in California for the past 7 years. 

As great as it had been, it was also exhausting. It was just time for a change. So, we bought a place in Las Vegas, Nevada and were moving next week. 

My other best friend, Brennen Taylor, was throwing us a going away party tonight and I planned on getting completely blacked. I needed a night without the stress, the worry, the doubts and insecurities. Without all of it. 

"Not sure," he yelled back. He and Katrina Stuart, his girlfriend of many years, were laying out by the pool. She was another best friend of mine and she was moving with us. I saw him speak to her, then look back my way. "Probably around 9 or 10. Gotta pick up Stas." 

"Sounds good," I shouted, before I headed back inside. The party was hours away, but I still needed to eat, shower, find the perfect fit, and change. I considered going shopping to find some new threads, but decided against it. I had tons of clothes in my closet, most of them still practically brand new, and I would probably be late to the party, if I went. 

I never really spent ridiculous amounts of money on anything for myself, except clothes and shoes. Hey, a guy had a right to be a little frivolous. Sam and I had worked hard for what we had.

I mean, I still drove the same damn Toyota Corolla that I drove to California in.

I went up the stairs to my bedroom and looked around. Most of my things were already packed up, besides what I needed every day, so it was kind of bare. Depressing, even.

I was looking forwards to moving to Las Vegas though. New experiences, new places, new people. While I had made some good friends, I had also been burned one too many times, by people who claimed to be my friend. 

Better to cut ties than give them the chance to do it again.

My phone vibrated in my pocket, so I pulled it out, before I fell back on my bed, letting my legs dangle off. I smiled when I saw the Callie's name on the screen. 

"Hey Cole, wanna talk?" she had texted. I let out a short laugh and shook my head, as I texted her back. "Cole? Really? Sure, I have a little time, Callista." I chuckled to myself, as I pressed send.

A couple of minutes later, Callie was Facetiming me. Thank God I had to get up and get ready today. Otherwise, I'd be looking like shit.

I accepted the call and smiled, as her pretty face and siren eyes filled my screen. "Hey Gorgeous," I said, winking at her. 

She rolled her eyes and grinned. "Hey yourself, Stranger. I feel like it's been forever since we've talked. How are you?"

It had been forever. Probably a couple of months, at least. I had just been so busy, with traveling for the duo channel, meetings, a new clothing line that Sam and I were getting started, the move, plus more. 

I was exhausted. Throw in a few nights of getting drunk and dealing with a horrible hangover the next day, and I was done. 

"Yeah, I'm sorry about that. I guess I didn't realize how much time had passed. When I thought about calling, I was usually busy or I knew you'd be in the bed. I've been texting you though. You like my memes?" I replied, giving her a half smile.

She let out a small, tinkling giggle that caused a flutter in my stomach. She still had the same damn effect on me. She probably always would. I hated that we couldn't make things work. 

I remembered the phone call I had made to her after I got home from the visit. I had asked her if we could try out a relationship, even though it would be long distance.