14

"You think it'd be okay to text her, while she's in that meeting, or whatever?" Katrina asked. "Just to see how much longer she might be. I just got really hungry."

"Yeah, sure," I nodded. Katrina seemed nice enough. Really nice, in fact, but I still felt awkward around her. Granted, we had just met each other, but I wasn't sure the awkwardness would change for me. I felt so out of her league.

I mean, she was absolutely gorgeous. A thick body, but so thin, long beautiful hair, perfect makeup, contagious smile, and a sweet, bubbly personality. Sam had really hit the lottery with her, from what I could tell. I felt like a boring, gross blob next to her. 

I texted Denise really quick, then looked around the room, while I waited for the reply. I had barely paid attention to it, when we first walked in, because the balcony had been calling my name. Now, I was, once again, in awe. 

We had our queen sized beds, decorated with deep red comforters and golden threaded log pillows. On the wall, at the head of the beds, were cushions, the same deep red, pressed into a dark, cherry wood panel. 

The curtains were the same red, like the color of wine, with gold thread outlining them. There was a small touch lamp on the wall, between the beds, with crystals hanging from it's rim. Like a mini chandelier. 

A gold color loveseat sat in the corner, near the balcony doors, with thick red wine stripes outlining it. Normally, I wouldn't like the gold color, but it accented the red so well, in this case. 

Beside the loveseat was another chandelier style floor lamp. The art on the walls were framed with the same bronze border that the lobby had, and to top it all off, an actual crystal chandelier hung over our beds. 

Since someone had flicked on the bedside lamp, the red and gold colors were slightly bouncing off of the crystals above our heads. "This room is beautiful," I sighed, glancing to my right, where Colby sat. 

He was already looking at me, so he smiled and shook his head. "Not as beautiful as you," he whispered, winking at me. 

"Stop," I replied, rolling my eyes. If I were being honest, his words made my belly do a backflip, but I wasn't going to admit that I felt like a cat in heat when I was around him. Get it together, Callie!

Thankfully, my phone vibrating saved me from hearing his reply. I snatched it up and read Denise's text. "Shouldn't be too much longer. Maybe 15 mins. I have the rest of the day free, until the mixer tonight!" it said. My stomach growled in response.

"Sounds like you're hungry too," Kat laughed, smiling at me from the other bed. She was lying back, with her head against Sam's chest, but raised up to speak to me. 

"Yeah, I guess so," I giggled. "We haven't really eaten anything since early this morning. Denise said that she would only be a few more minutes and she's free until tonight. So, that gives us time to go out to eat and then maybe check out your place. I don't know if she wants me to go to this mixer thing that her company is having tonight." 

I glanced over at Colby for the last statement. His eyes lit up, more than they should have, at my suggestion. "Yeah, that would be great! We would love to have you guys over!" I smiled at him and nodded. "If we have time, I'd really like that. I wanna see how you guys live. So, Katrina?"

I turned towards her and she raised her eyebrows, questioningly. "Yeah, what's up?" "What's it like, living with these two? Are they messy? Do they drive you crazy?" 

Colby poked me in the side, but I just shooed his hand away, grinning at Kat. "Oh! Well, that kinda depends on the day. Sam is mostly okay about cleaning up and picking up after himself. Colby...hmm. He's annoying as fuck, but mostly keeps his mess in his own room. I think I've caught him cleaning and loading the dishwasher once. Pretty recently, in fact."