she takes care of the baby when you're sick (requested)

"Hey, darling. Are you okay?" Jennie asked as you exited the bathroom.

Honestly, you felt anything but okay at the moment.

You're not sure what you've come down with but something is making you feel sick to your stomach.

It hit you only a few minutes ago when you were curled up in bed with your little girl on your chest and Jennie right beside you.

You felt nauseous and ended up having to quickly have Jennie take hold of her so you could get out of bed and hurry into the bathroom to get sick.

"I don't know." You said as you climbed back into bed.

Jennie kept one hand on your little girl's back while laying the other on your forehead.

"You're warm. You're starting to run a fever."

You stared at your little girl, watching her sleep peacefully with her head on Jennie's chest.

She's only a couple of weeks old so fighting off sicknesses is a lot harder for her as her immune system is, obviously, not as strong as yours or Jennie's.

So, as hard as it was for you, you knew you needed to keep your distance from her for a few days.

"I don't want to get the baby sick." You said as you shifted around uncomfortably. "Would you be okay with taking care of her for a bit?"

"Of course. I can do that." She smiled as she stared down at your little girl with a look of love in her eyes. "Come on, baby. Let's give your mom some space and let her rest so she can feel better."

Jennie sent you a sweet smile before she made her way to the door.

"You let me know if you need anything. Yell or text me. I've got my phone. And if I need you for any reason, I'll let you know. Feel better, okay?"

"Okay. Love you both lots."

"Love you too. Get some rest." Jennie spoke before closing the bedroom door.

She made her way downstairs and curled up on the sofa with the baby against her chest.

She covered up with a blanket, making sure that some of it rested over your little girl.

"Hi, my sweet girl." She smiled when your daughter's eyes met hers. "How's my little angel doing?"

The baby made a few soft sounds before wrapping her tiny fingers around Jennie's, making her heart melt.

"Mommy is sick," Jennie spoke with a sad look in her eyes. "So you and I are going to spend some time together, just the two of us. How's that sound?"

She brushed her lips across the baby's head softly and then ran her fingers across her back.

"Good?"

The baby made a few more noises and Jennie smiled brightly over it.

"Okay, good. You and me, little one. We make a good team, right? We can do this."

She marveled over your little girl's tiny fingers wrapped around hers, as well as her small nose that looked just like yours and her tiny little ears.

"You're so tiny." She spoke softly. "You don't even know how much I love you. I would do anything for you."

The baby closed her little eyes as Jennie spoke to her.

"You only came into the world a couple of weeks ago and you've changed our lives so much. I can't even remember what life was like before you. It's so much better now. You made everything better."

She stared at your little girl in silence for a moment, swearing that her heart might burst because it was so full of love.

"You and your mom are the best things to ever happen to me. I promise you, no matter what, I'll always be here for you. I'll love you and support you every second in life. You've always got me, no matter what. Okay?"

She kissed the baby's head a few more times before brushing her fingers against her soft cheek.

Suddenly, the baby began to fuss, though, and Jennie quickly began to nurture her.

"No, honey, no." She spoke in sadness. "Don't cry. What's the matter, hm? You miss mommy already? I do too. We'll see her soon but she needs to rest for a bit."

The baby cried and Jennie stood up to walk across the room with her in her arms.

"Shh, baby," She whispered softly, rubbing the baby's back softly. "Don't cry, I'm here."

She still continued to fuss though and since Jennie was worried that her sad little cries might disturb or worry you, she began to sing as she walked around the room in circles.

"Oh, darling, don't you ever grow up. Don't you ever grow up, just stay this little. Oh, darling, don't you ever grow up, don't you ever grow up. It could stay this simple."

As she sang softly, the baby calmed down and stared at her with her precious eyes.

"I won't let nobody hurt you, won't let no one break your heart, and no one will desert you. Just try to never grow up."

Soon, the baby drifted off to sleep with her head on Jennie's shoulder while Jennie continued to sing to her.

She sat back down on the sofa and lovingly stared at the little girl that already had her wrapped around her tiny little fingers.

There was nothing in this world that she wouldn't do for the little girl that you both waited so long to meet.

She couldn't wait for you to feel better but she also looked forward to the next couple of days when your little girl would depend on her and she got to take care of her and have her all to herself.

It was going to be tiring but, as always, so worth it.

And Jennie knew that she'd only find herself loving your little girl even more each second that she cared for her and held her in her arms with her tiny head resting on her chest.

She never wanted to let her go; not ever.