your child defends you when you and Jennie fight (requested)

"Hi, my love," Jennie said as she stepped into the living room. "I got these for you on my way home."

She set a bouquet of flowers on your lap, along with your favorite chocolates.

"Thanks." You quietly spoke as you set them on the table next to the sofa. "That totally makes up for you missing our daughter's talent show performance and our dinner plans."

"I'm sorry." She sighed. "I feel really awful about it."

"You know who feels even worse about it? Our daughter. She was devastated that you didn't make it."

"I couldn't get out of work. I said I was sorry."

"Yeah, to me. But our daughter is the one who's been taking your absence hard."

"What do you want me to do, Y/N? I'm only one person! I can only do so much."

"I know, Jennie. I know you try. But this isn't the first thing you've missed that's been important to our daughter or the first dinner you've missed lately! You've been missing a lot. Can't you just take one day away? Just one?"

"You don't understand." She said. "I'm an idol,
Y/N. It's not as easy as you think it is to take one day away when things are grueling most of the time. I work my ass off!"

"I know. I know you do. I'm not saying you don't. Look, I understood these things when we were dating and when we got engaged. Even when we first got married, I understood. But we have a daughter! You're going to miss out on so much if you don't take a little time away here and there."

She sighed.

"I know this talent show performance wasn't just important to her. It was important to you too."

"It was." She said. "But I couldn't get out of work. It happens. You should be more understanding of that!"

"Jennie, come on!" You yelled, fed up. "I'm just trying to get you to see what you're missing."

"I know already, okay?" She said with a heavy sigh. "I'm sorry I'm such a bad mom and wife!"

"That's not-"

You paused as you heard a sniffle come from the staircase.

You and Jennie both looked over there to find your six-year-old daughter rubbing her eyes and holding her favorite stuffed bear from Jennie in her arms.

"Honey, it's okay. Go back to bed."

"You're fighting?"

"No, honey, no. We're just talking... loudly." Jennie said.

"Mommy's right. Don't yell at her."

"I know." Jennie quietly said. "I know she is."

"Why are you so mad at Mommy?"

"I'm not," Jennie said as she looked at you.

She headed over to the staircase and you followed her.

"I just had a hard day and I missed a lot and I'm unhappy about it." She explained to your daughter as she sat down on the steps.

She pulled your little girl onto her lap and held her tight.

"I'm so sorry for missing your talent show performance and I'm going to make it up to you. I promise."

"Okay." Your daughter said.

"I'm sorry for raising my voice at you and for missing out on everything lately. I feel horrible about it." Jennie told you.

"You're not a horrible mom or wife, Jennie. I just don't want you to miss out on too much. You don't deserve that."

"I know." She said. "I'm going to do better. I'm going to talk to YG and tell them that I have to start being present with my family. I can balance being an idol and being a mom and a wife. I will. I promise."

"We love you so much. Don't we, angel?" You asked your little girl, who quickly nodded her head in agreement as she set it on Jennie's chest.

"Go up to your room, okay? I'll come and sing to you in a minute." Jennie told your daughter.

She quickly hurried back up to bed and Jennie pulled you into her arms.

"I love you so much." She said. "Please forgive me for everything."

"I love you too. I already do, it's already in the past." You promised.

"Can we stay up late and talk? I miss you and love you." She said. "And I want to spend some time with you."

"I'd love that." You said and kissed her lips softly before getting up. "Now, you have a daughter to go sing to."

"Yeah." She grinned before kissing you again and then hurrying up the stairs to your little girl's room, ready for a fresh start with her favorite girls.