your throat hurts (requested)

"So, baby, I have an idea." Jennie smiled as she laid down in bed beside you. "I was thinking since I'm home early this evening, we could go out for ice cream. What do you think about that?"

You shrugged your shoulders wordlessly, unsure of how you felt about going out at the time being.

Your throat hurts so badly, it feels almost as though you're swallowing glass.

On top of that, you feel really tired and just want to stay curled up in bed so you can rest and relax.

Your silence was the opposite reaction that Jennie thought she'd receive.

She thought you'd be excited about the idea of going out for ice cream.

After all, it's one of your favorite desserts and you eat it every chance you get.

"Baby? Are you okay?"

"Yeah." You managed to say.

But Jennie could tell by the look on your face that you weren't alright.

Now that she was getting a good look at you, she realized how unwell you looked.

And she noticed that every time you swallowed, you wrinkled your face up in discomfort.

"Are you feeling okay?"

You nodded your head.

"Yeah. Let's go out for some ice cream."

"Hold on." She said as she grabbed your hand. "Come on, tell me the truth. You don't look like you're feeling very well."

"I'm not." You sighed. "My throat hurts."

"It does? Since when baby?"

"A little while ago. It feels so awful, it's like I'm swallowing glass, Jennie."

"I'll see if we can get you into the doctor tomorrow, my love." She said as she felt your forehead. "You're not running a fever but you do feel a touch warm."

"Can we still go out for ice cream?"

"Baby, we don't have to go just because I suggested it. You're not going to hurt my feelings or anything if we stay home."

"But I think it might help my throat."

The thought of ice cream bringing you some much-needed relief made Jennie change her mind.

"Okay, darling. I have a better idea. How about I order some and we get it delivered? That way  we can cuddle and you can relax but you'll still find a little relief in your ice cream."

"I'd like that." You said as you laid back  down.

Jennie grabbed her phone and ordered ice cream from your favorite spot.

"It'll be here in a few. Just relax until then, okay?"

"Okay. Thank you, Jen."

"Anything for you, my girl." She said as she kissed your head. "Hopefully it helps and you feel a little better soon."

You wordlessly nodded your head as you snuggled up to her, finding that it was hurting your throat too much to speak.

"Don't worry, darling. I've got you. Just close your eyes and rest for a few. I'm here." She said as you closed your eyes, wrapped up in her arms, excited about your ice cream and the relief it was bound to bring your throat.