she yells at you (requested)

"Hey, Jennie! How was your day, baby?" You asked your girlfriend as she walked through the door.

"Not great." She said as she kicked off her shoes.

"I'm sorry to hear that, baby. But I have something that might just cheer you up!"

You took her hand and pulled her into the kitchen, where the table was set up with candles and a delicious-looking meal.

"I made your favorite!"

"Why?" She asked and your smile faded at the way that the question left her lips.

"I thought you'd like it." You said.

"I'm not hungry." She said before turning around to walk away.

"But, Jennie, I worked hard at making this meal and I know you must be hungry after such a long and difficult day. Come on, eat with me."

"I said I'm not hungry." She said, this time a little more angrily.

"But-"

"Dammit, Y/N, I said I'm not hungry!" She yelled. "Why do you keep insisting over and over again that I eat when I said I'm not hungry? Huh? Just leave me alone!"

Her words were spoken loudly and angrily and it immediately brought you flashbacks.

Flashbacks to when you were younger and you were screamed at by your parents for doing nothing wrong, other than just being a kid.

They had been harsh and hurtful and it seemed as though they enjoyed it when the tone of their voices and the words they said would bring tears to your eyes.

Hearing Jennie yell at you was devastating.

It's something she's never done before especially because she knows that your parents left you feeling quite traumatized by doing that exact thing.

You sank to the floor and blinked away the tears in your eyes as Jennie realized what she'd said and done.

"Baby, I'm so sorry." She said as she sat down beside you. "I didn't mean that. I didn't mean to yell at you. I'm sorry."

"It's fine." You mumbled as you put on a brave face.

"No, it isn't fine. It was wrong of me. I can't believe I did that to you. I'm truly sorry."

You looked at her as she gently took your hand into hers.

"I didn't mean to snap at you. I just had a hard day, but that's no excuse for what I did. I apologize, baby. Will you please forgive me?"

"Yeah." You said. "I appreciate you apologizing. My parents never did that."

"Well, I'm not your parents." She said. "I hope you still believe that even after what I did."

"I do. Thank you." You said before she pulled you into her arms.

"This looks and smells like a delicious meal. Will you join me for it?"

"I thought you weren't hungry?"

"I am, a little. I want to eat this amazing meal that you so kindly made for me." She smiled. "But only if you'll eat with me."

"Okay." You said before she kissed your lips.

"I promise, I'll never yell at you again. You don't deserve it and I'll think twice before raising my voice at you."

"You better because next time I might not be so forgiving."

She chuckled before kissing you again.

"I know, darling. I love you. Now, let's eat."

You stood up and sat at the table together, ready to eat the meal you made for her.