periods (requested)

"Hey, my love," Jennie happily greeted you as you entered the kitchen.

She was searching through the cabinets for something to eat for breakfast as you opened the fridge to grab a bottle of water.

"Are you hungry? Do you want some breakfast? I can make us something."

"No." You replied and Jennie quickly caught the grumpiness in your voice.

But still, she wanted to be sure that you had a little something for breakfast because it's the first day off you've both had together in a few weeks and she wants you to feel good during it.

So she persisted a little more.

"Are you sure? I don't mind. I can even order us something and have it delivered."

"I'm fine, Jennie! Gosh, if I wanted something I would tell you. But you've asked me more than once now and I keep telling you I'm not hungry! What do I have to do for you to understand that!?"

Jennie swallowed the lump that appeared in her throat as you stormed out of the room and headed upstairs.

"Okay, then." She mumbled quietly and spent a few more minutes looking for something.

She eventually decided to just eat some cereal and poured herself a bowl with some milk before sitting at the table to eat.

A few more minutes went by before she heard you dragging your feet as you came back into the kitchen and she didn't have to look at you to know that you were pouting at her.

She felt you wrap your arms around her before you placed your chin on her shoulder with a sigh.

"I'm sorry."

She looked at you and saw the look of sadness and guilt in your eyes.

You were genuinely sorry for snapping at her, she could see it.

"Why were you so grumpy with me?" She asked as she pulled you onto her lap.

"My period started."

"Alright, that makes sense." She said as she kissed your shoulder. "I thought you were upset with me and I had no idea why. But I guess you're just upset at everything, huh?"

She was only teasing you as she poked your sides playfully and sent you her sweet gummy smile.

"Yeah." You mumbled as you buried your face in her neck. "I can't help it. I get grumpy on my period."

"We've been dating for a while now, darling. This isn't the first month I've been with you while you're on your period. Trust me, I know you get grumpy during these few days." She joked and laughed as you pouted at her. "I'm just kidding."

"I know. I truly am sorry though. You were so sweet to offer me some food and I was so grumpy with you and you didn't deserve that."

"No hard feelings, my love. I love you, even when you're grumpy."

"I love you too." You smiled before kissing her cheek. "I wanted to come apologize. But I have to go lay back down now. I have the worst cramps."

The sparkle in her eyes faded slightly upon hearing you say that.

"One second." She said before picking up her spoon to finish the last few bites of her cereal.

Once she was done, you got up from her lap and she went to put her dirty bowl and spoon in the sink before she took your hand.

"Come on. Let's you get cozy in bed and I'll get your heating pad and some medicine for you."

"Thank you."

"You're welcome." She happily spoke as you climbed the stairs together and then made your way down the hall to your shared bedroom.

You climbed in under the covers as she plugged your heating pad in for you.

She lifted your shirt a little before placing it on your stomach and kissing your forehead.

"Be right back."

You watched her go into the bathroom and heard her grab a couple of pain relievers before she returned to your side.

"Here, baby. Take these."

You took them from her hand and placed them on your tongue while she took the cap off of your water bottle and held it for you to take a few sips.

"Thank you so much, baby," You spoke as you gently grabbed her hand.

Bringing it to your lips, you gave her a few soft kisses against her palm, knuckles, and her fingers.

"Thank you for taking care of me. I don't deserve it after the way I treated you earlier."

"Don't talk like that, baby. You do. That's all behind us now, I've forgiven you. Now I'm going to take care of my girl and try to help her feel better. That's all I want."

"But it's your day off too. Surely, there's got to be other things you want to do than just lay here with me."

"Are you kidding? Cuddles with my girl is the best way to spend my time." She insisted as she climbed under the covers with you, that precious gummy smile tugging at her lips again as you kissed her cheek.

"I love you."

"I love you too." She said before kissing your lips. "Just relax and if you need anything, let me know. I'm happy to take care of you."