Chapter 31

Adira Muntahina

I had finished my breakfast when he came in. Others were quite slow, half way of it. Afsana and others talked little and showed us where to go today. Eshaan greets all of us, but from the corner of my eyes, I found his stolen glance of me before looking away. I ignored it.

Maira was surprisingly quiet today, Hala was talking but not much. Maira's eyes were too focused on the screen. I decided to ask her.

Picked up my phone and texted her.

"Why did you make your face like a spoiled potato?"
Her phone got the notification, her finger moved before looking at me. A few seconds later she glared at me.

"Look who's asking? You always make a face like someone broke your favourite toy." She texted me back. I smirked.

Actually someone did when I was little. Then he had a broken nose. The rest is history.". She gave me a look like 'really'. I ignored her.

Afsana was poking me. I turned to her.
"Adira. Wanna go to--" when Maira stood up. Everyone's eyes turned to her.
"What happened?" Eshaan asked. Maira took a deep breath. "I have something to tell you guys."
We all got confused. "You can tell us by sitting." She got embarrassed and sat down.

Everyone waited for her to speak.
Now she became nervous. Started playing with her fingers.

"Don't be scared. We are not going to do anything." Aman said laughing seeing her sweating.
She slammed her hands on the table and closed her eyes.
"I like someone."

1 minute silence. Maira peaked from one eye.

"Hea?" That was my first reaction. "So..?" She gave me an irritating look.

"Tha-t's a great thing." Aman said smiling. Afsana was looking at her with wide eyes. I looked at Eshaan , he was also shocked.

"Wait .." Eshaan said and leaned in. Maira is now more scared. She nodded slowly.

"And?"

She gulped. "I...want to marry him." Her voice was too low to hear, I was close that's why I made it up. "what did you say?" Aman put a hand on his shoulder. "Easy." In soft voice. But Eshaan pushed the hand back. "I'm asking you something Maira.." he softened his voice. Maira looked more pale.
I put my arm around Maira's shoulder.

"We can talk it insid--" Eshaan put a hand on my way. Saying to stop. "Adira, stay away from this. I don't want you to interpret our matter." He said to me coldly before eyes turned to her. His one line put me shut and shocked. An unknown anger built inside me.

"Maira." He warned. Maira holds my hand tightly.

"I-i lov-ve him Brother. I wa-nt to marry him." Eshaan stood up and jolted. Everyone startled. Maira jumped back. I can see anger in his eyes. He marched toward Maira.

Afsana also stood up. "Brother, don't do anything. Calm down. " But he didn't listen.
He was almost near her. Both Maira and Hala stood up and backed up. Everyone in the dinner room turned their heads toward us. Most were foreigners so they don't understand what we were saying but they do find this drama interesting.

"Br-oo" Maira stepping back.

I stand up on my feet. Before Eshaan reached his sister, I stood before him. In my full body.

His eyes left Maira's and met mine.
I also looked at him in the same wave.

"Adira, I told you to stay away." He said in a very deep voice and coldly. But I didn't move. "Scaring her will not do anything." I said the same warning voice. Warning him to not move.