Chapter 71

Adira Muntahina

I'm still so embarrassed. I didn't pick up his calls, nor read his texts. I wanted this ground to swallow me or do some miracle that Eshaan would forget everything.

I went down to have my dinner. Today it was Aman, Afsana and me.

When we heard the horn sound. Afsana turned to Aman. "Who is it?" Aman went to look and it was dad's car. "Dad? You're back?" Aman said and dad sat down on the couch.
"Yeah, the meeting ends early." I went back to my dinner. Afsana went to give some water to dad.

"But dad, you didn't tell me who your meeting was with." Aman said and sat down too.

"I was thinking a lot recently."

"Apart from my company, I have two kids. You settled down. But Adira…..I always feel scared for her." Dad said and looked at me but I didn't glance.

"She got her mother's temper." I narrowed my eyes. "But dad, why are you thinking about all this?" Afsana asked.

Dad sighed. "I'm saying all this because I found the perfect life partner for Adira. I went to meet them today." When he announced this, the spoon I was using dropped down from my hand. My head turned at rocket speed in my father's way.

"Sorry?" I narrowed my eyes.

"I will send you the details. The day after tomorrow, you are meeting him." He said in a straight face.

I stood up from my chair. "I'm not going to meet anyone. Who gives you the right to do things without my permission!?" I shouted at him. He glared at me. "I'm your father. I don't need your permission to do the right thing for my child."

"Dad." Aman called him and held him. Trying to calm him down. "I lost the father the day mom died and you were in some f*ucking meeting!" Afsana came to me and held me by my forearm.
"She was sick!" I said a tear dropped from the corner of my eye. "I blame you for her!!" Dad didn't say anything, just stood there.

"Sister Adira,  go upstairs please." She pushed me. I looked at him for the last time. "I'm not going to meet anyone let alone meet anyone." I said and walked upstairs.
When dad said from behind. "You will meet him and if he agrees to this proposal, you are going to marry him. That's my final decision. Don't forget you are still standing under my protection. You're reckless Adira…I can live as a villain in your eyes but I'm not going to let go the same way your mother went." He said and turned around. I was fuming in anger. Aman signed me to go, I ran up to my room.

I crashed on my bed, angry tears rolling down from my eyes. I forced myself to close myself completely and went to a completely different universe.

Meanwhile

"Dad, you know how Adira is. Why do you do all those things?" Aman said and sat beside his dad on the balcony.

"Because I want her to be happy." He just mumbled it and closed his eyes.

"*This pregnancy has a lot of complications. I will suggest that you to abortion this baby." The doctor said the couple gasped.

"You are a doctor. How can you say this?" The pregnant woman said in watery eyes. The doctor sighed. "Because I'm seeing your tests. I'm afraid this pregnancy will have a big impact on your health and mind." The doctor put the test before them. "I'm keeping the baby."

The man was shocked. "But Ba-" she looked at him in tears. "This is our baby. It's a blessing. People can't conceive and I'm going to kill it? What will I answer Allah?" She was in a crying mess.

Putting a stone over his heart, he agreed to keep the baby. Put extra care and time into her.

And Allah saved them both.