Chapter 46

Adira Muntahina

I'm still in Eshaan's car. I'm such an idiot. What would he think of me?

He was driving silently. I was praying don't ask questions…don't ask!

But he looked at me. I felt like deer got in the spotlight. I quickly looked away.

"Drop me here." I said. He looked where I said. "No." I turned to him. "I'm not asking. I'm telling you. Stop the car, I want to drop here." He looked at me smirking. "It's totally weird how you suddenly text me for a ride."

"I just want to expose that girl. How fake she is!" I said half truth. He nodded. "Yeah that answers why you were smirking at them." He slowly said. "What do you want to know?"

He shrugged. "Nothing."

"Drop me here." He turned the car in a different direction. "Where are you going? My house is that way." I pointed at the opposite side. "I know, I'm taking you to my house."

"What? Why?" I asked.

"You sound very normal. I guess I'm forgiven." Oh shit!!! I was mad at him. I was avoiding him. I looked away and crossed my arms on my chest.

He looked at me with a small smile. His plan worked, he didn't want to answer , so he changed the topic.
"Today I'm going to talk with my parents. I want her to be present there. She's my wife. My every decision she should be there." Eshaan thought in his mind.

After a ten minute drive, We reached his and Maira's house.

I got out of the car and walked first. Standing before the door, I couldn't make myself ring the bell.
Because somewhere in my mind, it's saying this house is my in-law now. The person who will open the door is my mother-in-law. The man who will be reading the newspaper is my father-in-law. The girl who is my friend and a big supporter is my sister-in-law. And I'm an unorganised girl, who hardly cooks, who doesn't know how to cope up with people's. I'm that girl, who never knows what a family feels like. I'm known as the girl who ruins relationships. Because every person who tries to be in a  relationship with me, ends up hurting madly.

I was so drowned in my thoughts that I didn't realise Eshaan was standing behind me. He put his hand on my back, I was startled. "Sorry, didn't want to startle you" I nodded. My mouth got dry. "Eshaan…can't I not be here today?" My voice came out whispering. I didn't know if he heard or not.

"Are you feeling sick?" His voice holds so much worries for me.

"I.. I'm not ready to face your family. It's so weird. They'll hate me." I was turning back to go, but he was not letting me. "You're thinking too much. They'll never hate you. It's weird I know.." he stopped just looking at her. "But you hate me." I spoke out. His face said he wasn't expecting that.

Eshaan rang the bell. I closed my eyes. I jerked his hand away. Stand away from him.

The door opened. Maira was standing there.

"Adira…I wasn't aware of you coming. Still you did a wonderful job coming here. I have so many things to show you." She grabbed me and started dragging me in.

"So unfair! You got her, you forgot me?" Eshaan complained behind. "I see you every day , every night. You live here. But Adira is hard to find. I wish she would live with us, I would talk with her day and night. " She ran up pulling me with her. I looked back, seeing Eshaan standing there freeze. Eshaan's mom , now my mother-in-law, laughing seeing her daughter and me running up.

I looked at Maira, she didn't know how much truth she just told.

Maira showed me some of her dresses, new jewellery, and new bags she bought online. We took a few minutes nap , with our sheet mask on.
We talked about the class lecture. She took the lecture's note pictures. I was going through her staff, never interesting.