Chapter 32

~Adira Muntahina ~

"His what?" This time it was my voice. I was damn shocked.

Maira was lowering her head not making eye contacts.

Aman and Eshaan were too speechless to say something. But Eshaan recovered quickly. "What do you mean?" Maira biting her lips.
She's taking deep breaths. Looked up and met her eyes with her brother. Eshaan's eyes were soft, so she had the courage to speak.

"His dad fixed his marriage with some girl. He doesn't want to marry her but no one can change his dad's mind. Once he said it, he would do it." Maira said. We all were looking at her like she's describing some aunty type serials.

Afsana held her hand. "Where does he live? And whose family he belongs to?"
Maira glanced at Afsana then hung his head low.
"Speak up. Maira" Eshaan raised his voice a little, that softness was there but a little bit loud. Maira flinched a little. I moved behind Eshaan. If he raises his voice again, my slap will land on his head. Eshaan turned his head around and looked at me then he looked at Maira.

"Maira.."

Maira wet her lips. "First promise me, you all will not yell at me." Eshaan tried to raise up, but I put my hand on his shoulder, a little push him down to sit again. He shut up.

"No one will yell at you. What did you do?" Afsana said softly and looked at Hala. "Hala why are you so calm?" Hala sat at the edge of the bed. "She already told me everything last night."

"You knew?" Eshaan asked. Hala first shook his head as no then nodded. "I didn't know , I just got to know all this yesterday." .

I squeezed his shoulder to tell him to stop, he did stop but shoved off my hand. I put it on my side.

"I will not scold you." Eshaan promised.

"It all started when I first joined university. A guy helped me pick up all my books when I tripped and fell down. He introduced himself. I knew his face, I saw him everyday walking around the park at a fixed time. Then slowly we became friends. He told me about his life and his dreams. Spending time with him. Never hold or touch me, always keep his distance. We exchange numbers. We just played games and sometimes he played guitar for me. I was enjoying his company. I was loving his attention. I realized I'm falling into a love trap where I will get nowhere. So I shut him down. But he didn't listen to me. He still sent me some of his guitar songs. Talked one side. I will always be there when I need to. I felt peace in mind when my mind knew he was around." Maira paused and looked at everyone's face.
Then she again started. "Brother, he never looked at a girl in an inappropriate way. He still talks with me lowering his eyes. The world will do other things but he will go to pray namaz because Allah is calling for it. Sometimes I get mad at a lot of things and make a big issue. He never shouts or yells at me. Always talks softly and lovingly that my anger melts down. I don't know how and I don't know when. I just know that I want his attention only on me. I don't like when he helps other girls who come to him to solve math problems. I don't like when he smiled at someone. I want that all for myself. "

She stopped. "But his only weakness is he loves and respects his father so much that even if he asked for his kidney, he will happily give him."

Eshaan raised his hand and rubbed his eyes.

"Now he's marrying someone and you want to break it off."

"It's just something his father thinks. He thinks Farhan likes that girl. He didn't ask Farhan , he just informed him that he will be engaged that day." Maira said , there was little anger for Farhan's father.

"That doesn't make any sense. He is marrying whether he's agreeing or not. Do you think he will walk down from his marriage and get to you , that doesn't hurt his father?" Maira lowered her head again. She didn't think that.

"He will come to me." Maira still fixed her words.

"And why are you saying this here when he's in the country." Aman said that after hearing all. Maira looked at him in tears. "He's not in there, he's here. His father fixed his marriage to someone's family who lives in Spain." Maira said and I found guilt in her words. Afsana eyes widen. "You suggest Spain for this?" Maira didn't look up.

Eshaan didn't say anything for a while. He was silent. Silent is the worst treatment before the storm.

He looked up to me. I was confused. I frowned when he stood up from his seat not living my eyes.

He looked away and walked past me. When he walked past I could feel his warmth from his body. It was a light touch of warmth.
I also turned back to see. He walked out of the room.

I also decided to look it out. "I'm coming now." I said and walked out of the room too. He was not in the hallway. I decided to walk at the end of the hallway. Found him, he was in the balcony and both hands were tightly holding the railing. I opened the balcony's door and closed it behind me.

Standing one hand distance from him. I decided to let my mouth speak. If I get an out blast it's okay.

"I thought you'll be very supportive and encouraging brother when Maira confesses. But you weren't even close to supporting." I said and leaned on the door. He let out a big breath.

"Not everything is like a movie. Where the girl will come and say I did this and brother or friend will cover it up. This is life, not a doll game. " He turned around.
"You don't understand. My family had a big hope for her. Big dreams of her being something incredible. My parents gave us money and other types in this fate that we'll use it wisely. Loving is not the problem, but she's jumping in a marriage where we aren't there anymore." Eshaan said and took steps toward me.

"My dad believes that his daughter and son were having fun, what will he feel when he will learn about this marriage of her. What she's saying? Breaking a marriage. For what? To get her and her back bone less boyfriend together? When a marriage breaks there two families have also been included. For once I agreed to help her, went to talk with Farhan's father, and changed his mind. And he called the marriage in the ending period. When the bride's family sends all the invitations and what will happen to the girl? Her reputation? She'll become a joke. Just for a back born less man, I'm not going to ruin two girls'lives. " He was saying in a loud voice.

"Why are you already thinking that Farhan is a villain? Just because he can't say no to his dad's word, that doesn't make him back boneless man. You also respect your father, you'll not say no if he asked you to meet his friends daughter. Because that respect stopped you from the disappointment over your father's face ."
I said that without any emotion. I'm not feeling happiness or sadness, but tasteless emotions. He's eyes found me and I kept my stare on his brown orbs.

When some random sounds came from the outside world, we both snapped out of this stare.

I wet my lips, he touched his nose. He looked around before walking toward me. I stood still. He was standing before me.

"I'm not letting her break off that marriage."
His voice was deep and serious.

My breath got heavy, I angled my head a little up to see his face. " But if she wants him, we'll do this in the right way." Without any blink I asked. "What is the right way now?"
He took a deep breath, "We'll visit his house and talk with his father."

I don't know what I should do? Should I laugh or should I be praised for his right way??? He had left his brain home.

_____________________________________________

Author:

Comment and share.
Love you.