Chapter 48

Adira Muntahina

Afsana opened the door and gasped. "Assalamu alaykum, Eshaan Bhai and Adira. Come inside, you two are drenching in water from head to toe." We entered. I put my bag on the doorstep. 

Eshaan also came inside, when Nanny came from the kitchen. "Adira has come?" 

"I'm home." 

Her reaction was the same. She pushed Eshaan to take a warm bath and change into something warm. 

And she slapped my butt. "What are you staring at? Your cold tolerance is worse than anyone. Go and change fast, I will make some hot milk." 

"I'm not going to drink milk." I said and she glared. "You have to. I can't see you coughing all day and taking high power medicine." 

Afsana took Eshaan to some guest room. I walked up to my room when from the guest room Eshaan was peeking out. 

"What are you doing?" I asked and he turned to me. He stood up awkwardly. I also looked away and couldn't decide whether I should go to my room now or after some time. "I was looking for Afsana. Did you see her? The water…she was going to come with some clothes and soup. I thought it would be better to dry hair fast.." He was bubbling. 

I walked toward him. He stopped talking. I entered the room and went straight inside the bathroom. 

He was behind me. 

I turned on the hot water. And check if it's too hot or not.

When I was satisfied with the warmth of the water, I turned to him. He was looking at me. His eyes were big and staring at me. His pupils were shaking a little, like they were expressing so many emotions. 

"I didn't ask.." he wasn't rude, his voice was soft. "You didn't know how to turn on the hot warm supply." 

His cheeks slowly turned a little pink. I wanted to squeeze those cheeks. 

"It's not like that.." he was feeling embarrassed. "When Afsana came to this house, she told me, she never used this system. So I guess that you would be….. forget it. " I quickly walked past him. 

He did reach out for my wrist but I 

Pulled both my hands front. 

I ran to my room. And the first thing I did was..

"Achoo!!"

I sneezed in my room but I could hear Nanny's voice from down. "There she goes." 

I quickly picked up my outfits and jumped into a warm bath. All tiredness vanished. 

I was wiping my hair and looked at myself in the mirror. 

I wore a soft pink long dress with sleeves and sky blue jeans. My inside was feeling something weird. It was beating fast. I looked at myself again in the mirror, I'm trying to look good. 

I took out the moisturizer and applied it on my face. I picked up my favourite rose lotion which smells like rose. 

Put some cream on my face as I had no more products to apply. 

I dried the hair and put some lip gel over my cracked lips. 

Brushed back my hair, I walked out of the bathroom. I was about to geto out of the room when I again looked at myself in the wall mirror. 

I picked up a matching colour dupatta from my drawer and throw it over my shoulder.

Then went down. 

As I was getting down, the kitchen was getting visible. 

When I stepped down from the last stair step, I was facing the kitchen. There he was, facing his back to me.