Chapter 62

Adira Muntahina

Aunty put her hand over her shoulder. "What is your name dear?"

I turned to look at her. I had never seen her before. I hesitated. "Adira." She nodded. "So, who are you to our Maira?" She glanced toward Maira. Afsana was beside me.

"Aunty, she is my husband's sister and best friend of Maira." Afsana said and introduced me to her.
"And sister, she is my dad's sister. Our Riru Aunty." I smiled sweetly.

Riru Aunty caressed my cheek. "You are so beautiful. God keeps you away from bad eyes." I gave her a shy smile.
She looked nice, always smiling big.

Riru Aunty walked toward the other guests and Afsana winked at me. I gave her a confused look. "Why are you winking at me?" She laughed evilly.

"Once someone catches her eye, she would let it go after marrying her off . And she praised you, which means she will get into her hunting, finding you a groom." Afsana smirked and I gave her an annoying look.

"I don't believe in this."

"Don't believe me now. You will know when the time comes. By the way, she was the one who put that thought of marrying Eshaan Bhai and Suzan." I felt an irritation for Riru aunty. She was still on my good list until I heard this.

I turned to look at Eshaan but he wasn't there anymore.

All the women went to set the table. I also went with Afsana, I wanted to see if he was in the kitchen or not.

When I got inside the kitchen, Riru aunty entrusted me with work. She slammed a few plates in my hand and told me to set the table. I walked back clueless about what to do.

Nafisa aunty saw me and took the plates from my hands. "Dear, why are you doing this?" Before I could reply back, Riru aunty came beside me. "I thought, why not get some help. Thank you dear. Adira dear, can you count how many men were going to sit down?" I helplessly looked at Afsana. She gave me a pity look.

Nafisa aunty covered that for me. "In-laws were 7 men. And we are…" she turned to count. Afsana also started counting by fingers "Uncle, Saif, Nadeem.." She also started naming some cousins.

I said what I know. "And..Eshaan." Afsana nodded. "Totally, 8 men from our house."

Riru aunty cut her by talking with me. "I heard you are 2 years older than our Maira. In that case, You should call Eshaan..Eshaan Bhai. That sounds more appropriate." Gave me a tight smile. Her words made my smile drop. "Bhai?" I said faintly.

Nafisa aunty awkwardly laughed. "Sister, why are you picking up things? Now children are comfortable in Calling names." But that didn't convince Riru Aunty. "I know, but those are common manners. Forget it." She turned to the kitchen.

Nafisa aunty looked at me. "Don't mind her words. She is like that. I don't think Calling Eshaan, Bhai for a day wouldn't be hard. I'm also sorry on behalf of her." She said and I shook my head. "Don't say that aunty. She wasn't wrong herself." Nafisa's aunty also walked inside the kitchen.

I looked at Afsana. "Don't take her words by heart. We always ignore her words. Come let's get out of here." She pulled me out of the dinner room.

"Where are we going?" I asked and followed her.

"We have a rooftop. Let's go there, aunty always puts her pickles there." I also followed her behind. I never saw this rooftop.

Afsana opened the rooftop door and Eshaan was standing there, talking on a call.

"Oh Bhai is here." Afsana said and I looked at him. Every time I looked at him, I felt so bad, I told him so many things without even thinking once. And he took each word in a different way.