[04]

IV

IV

"𝐈 wanted to shoot him." I complain, releasing my balled fists and relaxing my hands. "He pissed me off." Marco replies, handing me the gun.

I flinch at the sound of police sirens wailing in the distance while Marco curses colourfully and looks out the window. We exit the building right when an unmarked police car screeches to a stop in the middle of the street. A policeman gets out the car and points his gun at me.

"Freeze! Don't move." The policeman yells, slowly taking footsteps towards me.

I point the gun Marco handed me at the policeman, but before I can pull the trigger, Marco grabs me by the throat and launches me behind a parked car. The force of the impact is enough to make me plunge to the ground, dropping the gun in the process. He storms up to me and grips my throat again, squeezing so tightly that he is beginning to choke me.

"Are you fucking crazy! Pulling a gun out in the middle of the street. The police aren't on our side, Lana, they are on Tony's." He yells, tightening his grip on my neck. My breathing becomes ragged and I just about manage to spit out some words.

"He pissed me off." I voice, mocking what Marco said earlier.

Out of anger, I use all of my strength to spin Marco around and throw him into the car, setting of the safety alarm. I point the gun at his temple but am immediately kicked in the stomach, causing me to stumble backwards. He snatches the gun from me and points it at my heart, digging the nozzle into my skin. I surrender and raise my arms up to tease him, but this only encourages him to press the gun deeper into my aching skin.

"You wont kill me." I assume through gritted teeth. "Yet." He replies, slowly pulling the gun away from me.

"Pussy" I mutter.

Marco eyes turn cold, radiating danger and power from them. He opens his mouth to argue back but is interrupted by several more police cars surrounding us.

"Shit." I whisper.

Marco smirks and brings his lips closer to my ear. I wiggle my ass backwards into his groin to push him away but he doesn't budge.

"Don't act like you know me, Lana. Too much time has passed." He whispers before winking at me and stepping out from behind the car, his arms raised to the sky. I follow his lead and do the same.

One of the policemen's eyes dart to me instantly.

"Milana?" He calls out.

Fuck.

"David?" I question the familiar policeman stood before me. Marco shifts his eyes suspiciously between me and the policeman, then he takes a step towards the man.

"You didn't see us, is that clear?" He asks the officer, drawing out several hundred dollar bills from his pocket. The policeman exchange a few glances with each other and eventually nod.