[41]

XXXXI

XXXXI

I head into the dressing room after completing my routine, trying to avoid Marco at all costs, not because i'm afraid of him, but simply because I know how easily I can make him mad. I walk in and some of the girls begin complimenting me and my moves.

"Are you new around here?" One girl asks, shoving stacks of cash in her knee high boot.

I laugh, "You could say that."

She winks at me and attempts to zip her rather packed shoe, with struggle of course.

I offer her a hand before another girl swoops in. She turns to me, "You sure have brought the competition." She begins, battling with the heel. "Nobody pleased the audience as much as you did."

I smile, thinking back to the looks on their faces their mouths falling agape as I dropped to the floor and spread my legs.

Pole dancing is an art. It's honestly a beautiful thing, even if some people define it as slutty.

"Trust me, this was nothing." I laugh.

She looks on at the other girls with very little confidence, believing she doesn't stand much of a chance against me.

Don't get me wrong, their routines weren't bad at all. They just lacked the confidence and energy the audience wanted to see.

They wanted a powerful woman, who knows what shes doing and what she wants.

I gave them that, even though I don't really know what I want. It's an act. Pretend. But convincing them is easy enough.

I nod at her before advancing out of the door and to the bar. I need a drink, and can barely remember the last time I had a good vodka and coke.

"What can I get ya, hun?" The female bartender asks, chewing her gum awfully loud. I pretend to look at the laminated menu before me, but order my drink almost instantly.

She hands it to me within moments and I place the glass to my lips.

Suddenly, the drink is snatched from my hand.

I roll my eyes knowing exactly who this is.

"Can a girl not get a drink anymore?" I ask, testing his patience.

He scoffs whilst clenching his jaw. "Where did you learn to dance like that?" He asks, fire in his eyes. I throw my hands down on the bar and turn around to face him. God I forgot how sexy he is. "Doesn't matter." I tease.